Question

Can’t play apple music on sonos one second edition

• 12 December 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I’m trying to setup a Sonos one second edition with Apple Music and Alexa voice service so I can play songs on the speaker by asking to play music, but Alexa says I need to enable the skill for the sonos one second edition in the Alexa app, then ask her to discover devices. I have the Apple Music skill setup in the Alexa app, and it still says the same thing when I ask it to play music. I have the preferred music service as Apple Music setup as well. I can use airplay to get Apple music to work on the speaker, and I can play Apple Music through the Sonos app, but it won’t recognize Apple Music when I try to use a voice command through Alexa. I’ve seen many people with this issue. Is there a fix for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ony5.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand your situation especially if we have tried some possible tips and tricks but only works for a while and then goes back to not working again. Let me share some troubleshooting steps that might help you out.

Allow me to recommend the following guides and please do follow accordingly. This is a permanent fix to a possible glitch between Sonos and all Amazon related apps which includes the Alexa app.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,