Answered

Can't add ANY Music Services

• 12 April 2023
  • 8 replies

I am unable to add any music services.  Trying to add Spotify.  but I tested many at random that show up in the list generated in my sonos player under the tab “Add Music Service”. NONE of them work.  

I have checked for system updates.  I’m up to date.

I previously added Pandora and that worked fine.  Again, it’s ALL services.  I click on the service and nothing happens. 

I’m running Sonos as usual out of my  HP Laptop from a “mini controller”.   I am pretty sure I bought my equipment as the first generation.  I was an early adopter. But I doubt this matters since it’s a software/app issue it seems. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 14 April 2023, 14:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I don’t think you can add music service via the desktop app anymore.  Have you tried to add the service via the mobile app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You can still add music services via the desktop:

A screen shot from 5 minutes ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What exactly do you mean by “click on them and nothing happens”? You need to be more specific.

After you click on a music service in the “Add a service” dialog you need to click on the Next button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What exactly do you mean by “click on them and nothing happens”?

The OP was right. When you click on a music service in the desktop app, indeed nothing happens. You have to use the phone or tablet app. I only found out after my previous post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What exactly do you mean by “click on them and nothing happens”?

The OP was right. When you click on a music service in the desktop app, indeed nothing happens. You have to use the phone or tablet app. I only found out after my previous post.

You don’t have a Next button?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You don’t have a Next button?

Screenshots from my S2 Windows 11 desktop app:

When I click on Add Music Services, it brings up the second screen, with lots of services to choose from. But none of those services is clickable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh, don’t use the “Add Music Services” button in the list, that is broken.

Go to Manage menu / Services / click Add, then you get the list in my screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yep, that works.