Question

Boost missing in new updated sonos app May 7th 2024

Userlevel 3

The Boost is missing in new updated sonos app May 7th 2024. I cannot find it anywhere in the app. Anyone else having the same issue?

71 replies

Userlevel 2

Experiencing the same issue here. Only just purchased the Boost a week ago so hoping it has not become obsolete just yet! All was working fine until the app update last night. Now I cannot reinstate the Boost any which way I try. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Same here. Now sure how to bring it back. The light is solid white. 

I got the era 100 and I called in for help talked to someone for almost 3 hours they made it worse now my speaker isn’t connecting to the app and the app isn’t working at all, this is ridiculous I’ve had it for 72 hours how did I call in for help and they made it worse at least it would play music earlier now  it won’t even turn on. I’m told I have to wait for another update when will that be ? A week for weeks I was planning on having guest over today this is very disappointing and has ruined my plans for today the app was fine before this update and more used friendly in my opinion. Why rush and the update they didn’t even finish figuring out how reinter gate the alarm on the app before they updated it so I had an alarm go off I couldn’t even turn off because the alarm function wasn’t put back on the new update 

Userlevel 1

Same here cannot see or change the wireless channels on the boost.

Have boost, sub, 2 playbars, 2 play1, 1 play3 - new app on ipad cannot recognise anything. Older apps on iphone and PC still working as expected. Is this because of the boost??

Userlevel 1

Seeing the same here.

All worked fine yesterday and now I can't access any of the devices via the app.

Userlevel 1

I am having exactly the same experience.  My Boost no longer shows after the latest Sonos App update  (on my iPhone) in either ‘Your System’ list or ‘About My System’ list.  I still have the previous version of the App on my iPad and the Boost shows fine in both lists.  

Badge

Having the same issue. I did a factory reset on one Boost (i have 3) and tried to add it to the Sonos but no luck — it finds the Boost but cannot register it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The new app is such a crap.. Lost my Spotify access and Playlist.. Have been reading the music library is facing issues too. Why so rush to launch it @Sonos if you this seems to be still in Beta?

Userlevel 1

Same issue. For fixing, disconnect Boost

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have a boost and although it does not show under my system on the new app, it is still working and has some speakers connected to it.

Odd that it does not show up though but it shows on my router with the speakers connected to it via ethernet.

Userlevel 2

After a particularly stressful day yesterday where nothing on my system was being recognised I spoke to Sonos support this morning and now have my system back (although every time I access it I’m expecting the worst!). Selecting the Settings icon, then Manage and then About my System, The Boost is shown as being “unavailable” although I believe it is working (all of this is in the updated app BTW). If the Boost can be working but just not showing in the new app, maybe Sonos could make a statement to that effect and clear this up?

Userlevel 1

After a particularly stressful day yesterday where nothing on my system was being recognised I spoke to Sonos support this morning and now have my system back (although every time I access it I’m expecting the worst!). Selecting the Settings icon, then Manage and then About my System, The Boost is shown as being “unavailable” although I believe it is working (all of this is in the updated app BTW). If the Boost can be working but just not showing in the new app, maybe Sonos could make a statement to that effect and clear this up?

Lucky. When I connect Boost my system doesn’t work and the devices disappear from the app. If I disconnect it, the devices reappear and work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

On my iPad under my system, it shows my Boost connected speakers as being on SONOSNET (says ‘WM: SONOSNET’) and my portable and newer ones as ‘WM: STATION’ which I presume means wifi lol. So it is there and working, but does not show like it used to on the old app. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

For those on android, I was able to get to old version by  going to apkmirror.com on my phone browser, and downloaded Sonos 16.1 (arm64 v8a). Then opened the download folder and ran the install. (You may have to select the permissions on your phone to allow you to do that). Following install I turned off wi-fi and mobile data, then went to play store and selected do not automatically update apps. Then turned wi-fi and mobile data back on, then ran the app and signed in.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having exactly the same experience.  My Boost no longer shows after the latest Sonos App update  (on my iPhone) in either ‘Your System’ list or ‘About My System’ list.  I still have the previous version of the App on my iPad and the Boost shows fine in both lists.  

Exactly the same here. !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Exactly the same problem here …. entire system running perfectly for months. Updated app …. now boost is missing !

I'm hoping the next update will bring it back on …? am I deluding myself ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Exactly the same problem here …. entire system running perfectly for months. Updated app …. now boost is missing !

I'm hoping the next update will bring it back on …? am I deluding myself ?

Check on your actual router information online, to see if it is there as normal? Mine is so I suspect that it’s just the new app now showing it correctly. I think mostly, our Boosts should still be working as normal .Mine is I think. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s very helpful…. tbh, I was wondering IF it was operating as normal but simply not “showing” on the app !

Thanks for the advice  …. I’ll attempt to go as you’ve suggested … I’m more than a BIG bit “technically challenged” tbh …. but I’ll TRY !

Would you be able to advise on the route I should take to achieve your suggestion ?!?

Thanks !

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That’s very helpful…. tbh, I was wondering IF it was operating as normal but simply not “showing” on the app !

Thanks for the advice  …. I’ll attempt to go as you’ve suggested … I’m more than a BIG bit “technically challenged” tbh …. but I’ll TRY !

Would you be able to advise on the route I should take to achieve your suggestion ?!?

Thanks !

Do you know how to check online to see your router settings? To check what household items are connected via Ethernet and which are connected via WiFI?

That is what I did and I am with BT here in the UK so they have a useful online HUB where you can see all your items connected to the router. The Boost would show as connected via Ethernet with the speakers using it, also showing as connected via Ethernet, assuming it’s still working properly. Mine is like this before and after the new app, so I’m confident it is working as it should even though the app does not show this. 

I came to a client’s today to install a brand new Boost. The app updated before I could start.

Now there’s no button to add Boost. I’ve tried over and over, but the app starts to see there’s something there, then it says ‘it lost connection’ and I have to start over.
Then it says I have to unplug the Ethernet cable (whether it’s plugged in or not), I hit ‘done’ (means I unplugged the cable), then goes back to the beginning.

Round and round and round it goes. 
the Boost is required at this location to resolve a range issue. It was purchased directly from Sonos about a month or 2 ago. 
I think I’ll have to install a Port to act as a Boost, to resolve the range issue.

That’s going to be an expensive workaround. I don’t have a Port or an Amp with me, so I’ll have to come back.

Incidently, the Sonos website doesn’t show Boost anywhere. And when I search the website, other than a power supply replacement, it shows nothing.  They made Boost vanish, on purpose I suppose. It vanished from the app and from the website. 
Did they think Boost owners were just going to let our systems collapse?

I’m so disappointed!

With the new app on ipad and the boost connected, the app cannot see Sonos products at all. When the boost is turned off, then all appears as expected, however of course the system stops working until such times as the boost is turned on. Then of course the new app cannot see anything again. I have seen in some places that the boost is supported, however are beginning to have major doubts!! How any organisation could release such an update is simply beyond my understanding. 

Wasted 2 hours trying to get my system (that worked perfectly before the app “upgrade”) to work at all. As soon as products complete the connection process they disappear. Boost is gone entirely. 

It’s one thing to have to reconnect and reboot all products after an upgrade, but to lose access to everythning is inexcusable. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks !

Do you know how to check online to see your router settings? To check what household items are connected via Ethernet and which are connected via WiFI?

That is what I did and I am with BT here in the UK so they have a useful online HUB where you can see all your items connected to the router. The Boost would show as connected via Ethernet with the speakers using it, also showing as connected via Ethernet, assuming it’s still working properly. Mine is like this before and after the new app, so I’m confident it is working as it should even though the app does not show this. 

Thanks a million for taking the time to guide me through this, much appreciated… I’m here in the U.K. too (Scotland) and I’m with Plusnet so I’ll TRY to do as you’ve suggested in the hope that my Boost shows up on my network?!? Thanks again!

Exactly same problem … tried resetting, re-adding and then it errors (#1,000) or it says it’s added but I can’t see it in the app or About System etc. Oddly my devices show they are on WM: SONOSNET still.