Question

Audio streaming from Spotify keeps cutting out

• 28 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I’ve tried playing music in both Spotify connect and within the sonos app – both have the same issue where audio gets spotty and cuts in and out after ~7 seconds into the song. 

the Sonos app cites slow internet as the issue but I assure you that’s not the case – I did a speed test and have download speeds of 275mbps

Diagnostic: 148978270

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Probably WiFi issues, what router, or Wifi mesh system is it? Any access points, WiFi repeaters etc? Are you running the devices on SonosNet (with at least one Sonos device wired to the router) or entirely on your WiFi (No devices wired) ?

Thanks for your quick response. I meant to note that Spotify connect used to run flawlessly with my router. Then that got spotty so I started using the sonos app and that worked for a bit… now everything is spotty. Router never changed during that. 

I use an eero router. Only one, it’s not a full mesh network or anything. I use a play bar and a sub – I am entirely on WiFi (no sonos devices connected directly to router)

Okay there is a likelihood that your Eero router perhaps changes its 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi channels on updates and reboots etc. So i would suggest changing and fixing its channel on either 1, 6, or 11 for the 2.4ghz WiFi band, which Sonos uses. These are channels that do not overlap other channels. Perhaps start with channel 1 to begin with and see if that fixes things for you or then try the others, but give them 20 minutes, or so, to fully settle after changing things. 

It’s also worth reading and heeding the advice in this link:

WiFi Interference

Hope that assists.👍