Answered

Audio glitches with Youtube Music via the Sonos App?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Since the switch to Youtube Music (from Google Play Music), has anyone else noticed audio glitches periodically in the music they listen to via Youtube Music in the the Sonos App?

Every so often in a song I get a quick static glitch sound. This does not happen with other sources, like Sonos Radio or Bandcamp. 

icon

Best answer by Mark P 29 October 2020, 22:14

View original

110 replies

Have this same issue. Not as frequently as some other posters here. Still annoying to have your speakers “screatch” at you randomly. 

im noticing another issue with playlist playback. Any of the “mix” type playlists saved in your YT music playlist library will show up in the Sonos app fine but when you select a song from the playlist, Sonos will just play some random song and not the one you selected. 

Here we are in November 2021 and still no resolution. I am having the exact same issues described here. It's super frustrating that this still hasn't been resolved.

Same issues here :

• at work with 2 Sonos 1 (Sonos app)
  • at home with 2 Sonos 1 and 1 Sonos 5 (1th gen) (Sonos S1 app)

No issue at all with Spotify or other music services, only Youtube Music.

“Screatch” seems to happen at the exact same time in the song, when I replay it.

i too have had a lot of glitching issues ever since the GPM → YTM switch and have been in touch with both google and sonos about it. both blame the other, and the recommendations for fixing it (a) don’t work, and (b) are super super annoying, like unplug all of the mesh routers in the house and kick everyone else offline.

pretty frustrating! the other kind of glitch i see is sonos like skipping 1/8 of a beat or something and then later on a 1/8-beat burst of static to like, fill the gap or something? i don’t know but it sucks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

It seem to be resolved in version 13.4 - I have not had the problem since... Hoping it is fixed for good!

Userlevel 1
Badge

It's been happening less often for me over the past few weeks. I don't actually remember hearing it in the past week or so, but I need to do more testing with songs I've heard a million times vs new songs. It's much more noticable on songs I'm familiar with.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I have a potential solution for you all. Its more of a “work around” and may be minimally inconvenient, but since this thread has been going on for almost a year, I feel your pain...

My set up includes a sonos bar and sonos beam (amongst others). since these connect to the tv (via optical cable), and I also have my computer connected to the TV (my monitor), playing anything on a computer vis-a-vis a TV takes all audio-visual formats like youTube onto sonos speakers, controllable via the sonos app, avoiding the YTM-Sonos interplay that so many described so eloquently and likely the source of the grief.

Just offering up my humble 2 cents worth. Hope it helps. (I dont have said issue)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I haven't noticed any issues since the last time I posted 2 weeks ago, so it seems to be fixed (knock on wood).

I haven't noticed any issues since the last time I posted 2 weeks ago, so it seems to be fixed (knock on wood).

Same here, looks like it has been addressed.  :sunglasses:

Same here, looks like it has been addressed.  :sunglasses:

I still had the issue today. I then thought, i’ll try reauthenticate the YT Music Service on my Sonos.

It’s now running for about 4h, without any glitches…. has anybody else tried this?