Answered

Audible not working with Sonos

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

A week ago I was able to connect my audible app to Sonos perfectly fine. now there is no little speaker icon that allows you to connect to devices and then select your Sonos speaker. Instead all I see is a little car icon to pop up the driving mode for the audible app. I am running the most current versions of both Sonos and audible. Any input on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SBP 13 January 2021, 22:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @thetimeofday591.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Just to isolate if the issue have you tried to add your audible account in the Sonos app?

If you're not familiar with how to add a music service to Sonos click here.

Are you also using airplay to connect your audible app to Sonos speaker?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have a pixel 4 xl running the latest version of Android. I have both the Sonos and audible apps on my phone. Normally, I just connect my audible app to my Sonos speaker by launching the audible app directly and when I go to play one of my audiobooks there is a connect to device option right above the play button. You can see that in the screenshot I've attached that option is not available. Interestingly enough this morning when I used audible the option was there and now 6 hours later this afternoon the option is not there. 

Issues with Audible and Sonos app versions:

• Sonos S2 12.0 and earlier
  • Sonos S1 11.2 and earlier

If you are experiencing issues with playing or browsing Audible content in the Sonos app and are using a version of the Sonos app mentioned above, please update your Sonos system.

On iOS or Android

From the Settings tab, tap System > System Updates > Check for Updates.

On Mac or PC

From the Sonos menu (Mac), or Manage menu (PC), select Check for Updates.