Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

• 4 November 2022
  • 10 replies

I see messages saying that Apple have fixed this…. Well not in my house they haven’t, so I’ve got three pairs of Sonos speakers, that won’t talk to my iMac, my iPhone or my iPad. 
again. 
😡

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 November 2022, 21:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

But you’ve not indicated what steps you’ve taken to possibly remedy this, nor provided a diagnostic, to our knowledge, that might help Sonos help you.

I get that you’re upset, you have every right to be, but if you want help, providing more detail would really be helpful. 

Unless you’re just venting, in which case you’ve done that. 

I have this issue. 

I have 2 Beam v2’s, 1 Arc, 1 Playbar, 2 Sub Mini’s, 2 Play One’s, 4 Ine SL’s, a Sub Gen 1 and Gen 3. 

Just installed some of these today but I also had an electrician in the house at one point and turned off all the sockets. 

What would be the recommended diagnostics I could attempt? Thanks 

Technically, there is only one diagnostic, and it gets sent to Sonos to read. We users aren’t given that opportunity, likely as it has PID, a no-no for GDPR.

I’d do two things. First, unplug all your Sonos from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot your router, and give it 5 minutes to ‘recover’, then plug back in your Sonos devices, and test.

However, if that doesn’t work, I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of re-creating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I disconnected everything, wifi, sonos speakers and i deleted the apple music service and I let them sit for a few minutes. Then I restarted wifi, reinstalled apple music and restarted the speakers and everything works fine now.

Before I did this, Spotify worked fine and still works fine.  Apple issue only.

I hate ranting. But this is totally ridiculous. I can't browse my Apple Music now and it took me hours to get my Sonos one to be recognized by my wifi. It should not be this dramatic. This is the last Sonos product I ever buy. I am so done with all of this restrictive connecting issues. Both Apple and Sonos are being pathetic. 

I always get it to work again by the “Reauthorize account” option 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

I always get it to work again by the “Reauthorize account” option 😀

THANKS

Glad I read your option before I disconnected everything. Worked a treat.

I simply removed my Apple account from Sonos and added it back. It works now. 

Badge

I did an update and now getting the “unable to browse music.” I fret installing updates because 80% of the time I have to reinstall the speakers. This involves pulling the speakers from where they’re located so I can physically connect them via ethernet cable. And now I’m seeing, Sonos requires locations services to “find” Sonos products via Wifi. No Thanks.

Has anyone found a solution to this?! How can I not play my apple music through my sonos? This is ridiculous