Answered

Apple Music Playlist - Not showing new playlists

• 3 December 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi

I am having an issue where any new Apple playlist I create does not show up in the Sonos Controller. The odd thing is that if I delete a playlist, it removes itself from the list. It is only creating new ones that seem to not appear in the Sonos app.

I have gone through the recommendations on this site that others have seemed to have tried but none of those checks worked.

I have the following

1. Iphone 11 Pro running IOS 13.2.3
  2. Latest Sonos Controller App on Iphone
  3. Rebooted all Sonos Speakers (Just In case)
  4. Restarted Iphone
  5. Turned Apple Music Sync off and then back on (numerous times)
  6. Checked and reset preferences in ITunes on my Win10 Laptop

Thanks in advance

Pete

icon

Best answer by petros429 4 December 2019, 01:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

The Sonos system can’t read files from your iPhone. They need to be either stored in the cloud, like on Apple Music, or on a computer, such as a Mac or PC. 

Hi,

Yes, I’m seeing the same. I have an open support case with Sonos who are troubleshooting at the moment.

The Sonos system can’t read files from your iPhone. They need to be either stored in the cloud, like on Apple Music, or on a computer, such as a Mac or PC. 

Correct.  For some reason the controller isn’t reading my playlists that are in the cloud correctly.  Sorry if I didn’t make that clear. 

Pete

Hi,

Yes, I’m seeing the same. I have an open support case with Sonos who are troubleshooting at the moment.

Ok.  That actually makes me feel better. Do you mind putting a response here with their findings? I think I will open a case as well then.  Maybe it will help with the troubleshooting. 

Pete 

Hi 

Was this always the case ? My old I phone 5s could use the sonos controller to play my i tunes playlist, my i phone 11 cannot.

Without griping too much cant understand the problem with using a simple default jack plug when desperate ???? why have Sonos over-complicated this ?

Big L

Because Apple made a change to iOS so that people like a Sonos, and other companies, can no longer use the iOS device as an NAS, which is how that process worked. 

Your old iPhone probably couldn’t be updated to the version of iOS where Apple blocked the service. 

Using the headphone jack on the iPhone still works fine, as does using AirPlay 2 if you have a Sonos device that can receive it, and storing your music on a hard drive, either on a desktop or NAS still works fine. 

Thanks Bruce 

I don’t know if my Sonos play bar has air play I have never used it. How do I fix this and go back to the way things were ? Or can I not do that ?

what about Apple Music services ? Can that see my plays lists ? 

Hi,

So I have this corrected now. Sonos support had me reboot my PFSense firewall and it cleared what ever may have been holding up my phone from sync to the cloud. We realized this was an issue when I took my phone off the local network and the phone sync fine over LTE. Once we rebooted the firewall all worked fine.  They are assuming that with the latest updates to iOS there may have been something stuck within the firewall cache. 

Pete

Thanks Bruce 

I don’t know if my Sonos play bar has air play I have never used it. How do I fix this and go back to the way things were ? Or can I not do that ?

what about Apple Music services ? Can that see my plays lists ? 

No, the PLAYBAR does not have the CPU or memory to be an AirPlay 2 receiver. You could, however, group it with a Sonos speaker that has that capability. 

Apple Music services from the “cloud” continue to work as they always have. 

All, thank you for the great convo. but could some1 write the steps to fix this. The fact that I can play playlists on my comp but wont update on my phon e is driving me crazy. Thank you.

Marc

Marc,

It’s not clear what instructions you’re looking for. If you’re looking to play music that is stored on an iOS device, Apple has made a change to iOS that breaks the ability for Sonos to play "from this device". May I suggest that you read the main thread on this, particularly the first post, which offers, and discusses many options, ranging from free to not? That’s probably where you’d find instructions on how to do what you want.

If you’re looking for instructions for something else, have you looked through the FAQs that Sonos has posted? They cover almost every issue out there.