Apple Music Favorite Artists vs. Library Artists

• 6 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Using Sonos S2 app with Apple Music service, signed into my Apple account.

Navigation: Sonos app > Music icon (Browse) > Apple Music > Artists

Starting Saturday morning, all of my Apple Music favorite artists started showing in the Artists section of the Sonos app, as opposed to only the artists whose albums I’ve added to my Apple Music Library. I now have a long list of artists with no songs/albums to play. This is making it difficult to find specific albums i added to my library, sorted by artist name.

If I go to Albums instead, only the library albums are displayed (as expected), but they’re displayed in alphabetical order of album title, not by artist > album.

Anyone else having this issue? Any recommendations to fix or work around it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That data is supplied by Apple, Sonos merely displays what it is sent. Have you contacted Apple?

That data is supplied by Apple, Sonos merely displays what it is sent. Have you contacted Apple?

I did call Apple, and they pointed me back to Sonos since everything is displaying fine in the Apple Music app, and Sonos pulls the data from Apple.

I also just got off the phone with Sonos support, and apparently this is a new “feature” as part of the Universal Search that was rolled out on January 31.

So, this feature has rendered the Artists tab of Sonos useless as it just displays a list of favorite artists with empty songs/albums, unless i’ve also added those songs/albums to my library. And again there seems to be no way to sort albums grouped by Album Artist name. Waiting for some additional Universal Search user instructions from the technician to understand how to better utilize the search, but this seems counterintuitive to having a library. 

Does anyone else have a recommendation on how to purposefully add a handful of albums to a list to scroll through and play later without having to search? And please don’t say Playlists. :-)