Answered

app notification Samsung Galaxy S24+

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , just got a new Samsung Galaxy S24+ , the pull down notification for the Sonos seems to partly miss the speech enhancement button , anyone else have a new Samsung with this little hick up ????

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 15 March 2024, 09:58

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Edgie70, welcome back!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this odd issue. Weirdly enough a colleague of mine could not reproduce with a slightly older (1 year) model of Samsung smartphone.

A few things you could try:

• Make sure your Samsung phone is up to date with the latest firmware.
  • Check for any updates on the Sonos App.
  • Uninstall the Sonos app and re-download from our official website.

If the above didn’t resolve your issue, please reach out to our Support to help raise this.

With my response, your thread moved to the top of the latest activity list, giving it another chance for a user in our Community, who has the Samsung Galaxy S24+ smartphone, to reply here with their experience.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks , if I uninstall the app , will it affect anything with my system like truplay ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

All settings and configurations are saved within the speakers. Uninstalling the app will not affect your system’s behavior.

Just make sure when you re-install the Sonos App to choose “Connect to existing system".

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi , app uninstalled and tried it again and it's still the same unfortunately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do you have a larger than default font or zoom enabled on the phone?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Do you have a larger than default font or zoom enabled on the phone?

Hi , no , just as it was from new , I'll try that though tomorrow when I'm watching TV again, thanks 

Badge +2

Same issue in a S23 Ultra with default font and QHD+ resolution. Had this bug since I have this device.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Not just me then .

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Edgie70 and all,

I’ve got an update from our internal team, as they were able to reproduce this now. We are currently investigating but there is no ETA available for a fix.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

No problem and thanks for your reply, it all works fine but just looks a bit odd , tiny bit awkward to press the speech button but not impossible, thanks again.

I wonder what Samsung changed in the OS for just this one series of devices to make this not work, when it functions properly in all other Android devices. Glad to hear Sonos is on it, though.