Anyone experiencing Pandora issues since the last update?

• 26 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Been using Pandora for two years without problem. After the last Sonos update the system keeps skipping songs, stops randomly and gives me messages stating that it lost connection to Pandora, or that there is not enough network bandwidth or that it can’t find the Sonos system. Nothing else changed in my system, all other wireless devices work fine and I can stream 4K Tv without problems ??? What gives ???

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Your router may have handed out duplicate IP addresses to the Sonos devices when they rebooted during the update process. Both symptoms you’re reporting certainly suggest that.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router, which refreshes the IP table. Once the router comes back up, go ahead and plug in the Sonos devices, and they will all get fresh IP addresses. 

Thanks for the quick reply. I already rebooted my router. And the entire Sonos system in on a Boost which I rebooted as well. When I do an Lanscan I don’t see duplicate Ip addresses. Any other ideas? I have over 30 speakers so unplugging all of them is painful

If the Sonos devices were not powered down when you rebooted the router, they would have reconnected to the same ‘bad’ IP address when the router came back up. 

I’d  agree thirty devices is a large amount to mess with. You can do the same thing, and more permanently, by assigning all Sonos devices reserved IP addresses in the router’s DHCP table. I try to recommend starting at .100 or .150, to allow space below that for random guest devices.

But it’s also possible that the cause is simple wifi interference, caused potentially by a neighbor using the same frequency as your SonosNet is, now that you’ve mentioned a BOOST. 

At the end of the day, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing a dropout, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Certainly much more than an anecdotal post can cover.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.