Answered

Android App always wants to jump to an empty queue

• 2 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

After the latest app update, when you tap on the Sonos Android app, it always wants to display an empty queue, even if the queue is empty or not in use. There is nothing to clear, edit, or save for later. 

Why does the app default to showing something that is not in use when it really should be showing the devices on the network? To be clear, it only appears when you’re bringing the app back from sleep, but it’s annoying and not at all relevant, and it never behaved this way before. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 August 2023, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sounds like a potential corrupt install of the controller. I’d certainly try deleting your current version, and download a fresh version from the App Store. Just be sure to ‘join existing system’ when prompted.

If that doesn’t fix it, I’dsubmit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rex Block 

Thanks for your post!

There is a related thread here:

It seems to only happen if the Now Playing section is fullscreen-ed when you exit the app.

I would encourage you to get in touch with our technical support team, but please don’t expect an immediate resolution. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rex Block 

Just to let you know, we now consider this issue resolved with the latest update.

If, after updating, you continue to see this behaviour, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you Corry, I will check it out! 

two minutes later ….

Yep, seems to work. Thanks!