Answered

Amazon Music Unlimited does not appear S2 App (Mac or IOS)

• 25 December 2020
  • 5 replies

This is what I see when I click on Amazon Music in the S2 app.  

Unlimited is not there.  All I can do is play things that I have added to My Music.  I cannot see or search unlimited.

I have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription in Germany and my Sonos account and devices are also registered in Germany.

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by El_Mucho 31 December 2020, 13:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ScannAr.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I suggest trying to set it up first to a mobile phone, then remove and add back the amazon music to your Sonos application directly to your phone.

Try it also to another mobile device after you add the amazon music unli. just to see if it will be the same on the first phone.

Now on your computer, just power cycle it once it was successfully been setup to your phone. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark.  Thanks for making contact.  I worked through your suggestions but with no success.  I think the issue lies with the fact that I use both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de.  The Music Unlimited subscription is associated with Amazon.de (I live in Germany) but that the “Authorise” process from the Sonos app is pulling from Amazon.co.uk where I do not have an unlimited subscription.  

I tried changing the email/password on my UK Amazon to try to separate them, but it just changed the email/password on both.  Amazon accounts are clearly multi-country BUT the Prime/Music Unlimited is linked to a particular country. 

Any ideas what I can try next? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ScannAr.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Looks like contacting amazon music would be the best option we have so far to straighten up this issue once and for all.

Sorry that we could provide any other options for this since Sonos is just doing whatever command the music service is providing.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi ScannAr. I had a similar problem, but do not have dual accounts. I don’t have Amazon unlimited visible as an option, however I can now search it and use it. When you are in Sonos, in the search area are you searching ‘Amazon Music’? If so, when you go within this, do you see 2 options? I see ‘My Music’ and ‘ Amazon Music’. Selecting ‘Amazon Music’ instead of ‘My Music’ in this sub menu fixed it for me.

@El_Mucho - THANK YOU! This is exactly what I needed to know.  I had never seen that sub-menu.  I am posting an image in case it helps someone else who finds this thread.