Answered

Amazon Music song info not being displayed in Sonos App using Sonos Amp.

• 21 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have been using a Sonos Amp hardwired to several speakers in our backyard for the past year. I generally use the Amazon Alexa App on my phone to play music on the Sonos Amp. The music information (Artist/ Song) has always shown up on the Sonos App when I’ve started playing music through Amazon Alexa. I’ve also had the ability to skip songs to the next song with the new Artist/ Song information Displaying in the Sonos App.
Starting yesterday, when I start playing music from Amazon Alexa to the Sonos Amp the initial Artist/ Song info displays in the Sonos Amp, but if I skip to another song or the initial song is done playing the Artist/ Song info stops displaying in the Sonos App and I am unable to skip songs in the Sonos App. All that displays in the Sonos App is “Amazon Alexa.” 
I have no idea what has changed to cause this and any help to get it back to how it was a couple days ago would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time, I really appreciate it. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 May 2023, 11:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Exact same issue here - started a couple of days ago after an Amazon Music app update (iOS). But I found a device that hadn’t updated, and the problem exists there also. Must be something on the Amazon streaming side, since I’ve tried everything to uninstall / reinstall all of my devices with no success. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mundi 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you and @jdd21218 get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.