Skip to main content
Question

Add products…argh

• 18 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear Sonos,

I’ve been a customer for 13 years with multiple devices…Sonos Play 5 Gen 1, Play 3, One, Symfonisk etc

Got annoyed a few years ago when you dropped support for some of my devices with the new app forcing me to upgrade. But, being a tech guy myself I could kind of understand that you needed to move on. Supporting 10 year old HW is hard. A few years have passed and I decided to refresh and use the upgrade discount. I bought two Era-300 to replace the devices from 2011. 

Trying to set this up has been an utter nightmare. It is absolutely unacceptable for products in this price range. I’ve spent a total of 7 hours and I’m still stuck. 

I have one Sonos One and one Symfonisk and two new Era-300. My wifi network is in mint condition, 250 mbit internet. I’ve never experienced a blip in connectivity on any device, ever. 

Beautiful unboxing experience and devices 👌👍 I created a new system for the first Era-300. Experience was shakey as hell. I got errors, try again, resets, try again. Several attempts later I managed to get it up and running. Same for Era #2. Extremely shakey experience and app bahaving flakey. After about 1h it worked. But now I experienced music stopping every now and then, a whole slew of UX probs. That’s for later. My big issue is I can’t add my remaining devices, One and Symfonisk. 

I have reset them. They show up to be added. I add them. Update available. Connect to the device. The download never finishes. Since my phone is blocked while doing this I first waited 15 mins and had to cancel. New attempt, waited 45 minutes. Had to cancel to use my phone. Tried again, waited 2 hours. Progress bar goes up to 75% and stops. Tried with Symfonisk - exactly the same experience. 

I really hope it’s just bad timing with you releasing the new app. I’ve been stuck in S1 land but now see in the community that we’re in trouble  

Please let me know how we should solve this and the steps you are taking to make your software UX at par with the HW/price point. 

I went over to my niece who I recommended to refresh as well and help him with the upgrade. He has 8 devices. First device failed…I need a drink…aaargh. 20 people ahead of me in the…chat! e-mail to support bounces. Ffs

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Ok, after an app update I can now add my older devices.