Answered

15.2 Update - Some Sirius XM channels will play, some say "Unable to Play the Selected Item"?

After the 15.2 Update (build 72239150) .  Some of my Sirius XM channels, will play, others will not.  Same problem whether I use the mobile app or my desktop controller.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 March 2023, 14:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @A2BH 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. Unfortunately, we know of no workaround. Reports of this issue pre-date the latest Sonos software update.

I did see a report from a user that they were able to play by removing the link to the channel in their favourites (My Sonos) and recreating it, though this will presumably not work for any channels you are unable to play from within the Browse menu.

I hope this helps.

Comon Sonos. I leave for a week and only BBC will play through XM. Unplugged everything and rebooted. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Reauthorized Sirius XM. Twice. 

What is going on with XM radio and Sonos?? I don't want to use Amazon music or whatever you're pushing us towards. 

Hello! @Corry P - I am experiencing this issue w/ Sirius XM as well - especially maddening as this is hardware and services I am actually paying for :) One interesting thing I noticed - My SiriusXM stations that are single or triple digit numbers are playing but anything two digits is not! Wonder if that could have something to do with ID’ing the bug.. I am on Sonos Connect, latest versions of all apps/ firmware / phone and PC OS’s etc… Thanks for any help!

DS

I’m having the same issue. Most SiriusXM channels no longer work, though a few still do.

I also tried rebooting all my Sonos speakers, my router, my switch, my iOS device, and my computer, but it makes no difference. The problem has persisted for several weeks now since mid-March.

I also tried switching the SonosNet channel from 11 to 6 but this does not solve it.

I am using the S1 controller with both the iOS app and the Mac OS app. Neither are working properly.

Other music sources work just fine (Apple Music, Spotify, etc.) so this problem seems to be specific to SiriusXM.

Please fix this!

Thanks,

PT

I know it’s a bit of a pain but it did work for me to just remove all of my sonos favorite SiriusXM channels and then re-add them. 

Having the same issue. None of the Sirius XM channels will play at all. Very very frustrating. No problem with other services. Just Sirius. 

I know it’s a bit of a pain but it did work for me to just remove all of my sonos favorite SiriusXM channels and then re-add them. 

Thanks, QuasiBags. Removing the channels from my favorites and re-adding them worked for me.

Long time problem with “unable to play” every other use. Heals itself with no valid reason and then goes out for a day. Extremely frustrating and beginning to think about not updating equipment if the problem persists. Then again it has been several years like this. This needs to be fixed. 

What did Sonos Support say, when you submitted a diagnostic after experiencing this, and called them?

How is this Sirius issue still happening!?

so frustrating and driving me toward just getting Bluetooth speakers. 

also I’ve found the app generally slow to respond lately … so frustrating and at times offensive when I can’t turn music down when I need to