Wish List - Volume Gradients

• 18 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

i would like to see volume markers ie 1, 1,5, 2, 2.5 on the apps so that you can see the volume level instead of remembering the position that you like to turn your volume up and down  to.    I would had thought this would had been on the Sonos 1 and Sonos. 2 apps many years ago and is quite basic but very useful in my opinion.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Hi. In what way does the current vokume numbering not achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

They might be using the Desktop app, or the S1 mobile app, neither of which show the volume numerically at all. Mobile S2 does.

Since the OP has “15 year old Sonos Pay 5s” (sic) I imagine that would be S1.

That said, their profile also lists Roam, in which case there’s also S2 somewhere,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @David16DA 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

My current app is S1 but I am pleased that S2 offers this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

My understanding was that @David16DA is looking for tick marks on the volume control - making it look like the markings on a ruler. I may be wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

My understanding was that @David16DA is looking for tick marks on the volume control - making it look like the markings on a ruler. I may be wrong.

If so, there’s not a lot of space between 0 and 100. The tick marks may end up being too coarse to be very helpful. I suppose you could show a 0-10 scale but those not knowing might accidentally use the 9 indication without realising that’s actually 90% of maximum volume, rather than 9%. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nik9669a 

If so, there’s not a lot of space between 0 and 100. The tick marks may end up being too coarse to be very helpful. I suppose you could show a 0-10 scale but those not knowing might accidentally use the 9 indication without realising that’s actually 90% of maximum volume, rather than 9%. 

On reading the post, I pictured the slider line having maybe 5 marks on it - 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%, unnumbered. Again, I may have got the wrong gist.

Edit: On re-reading the post, I think I did get the wrong gist.

I’d like the ability to use SVC to say “Hey Sonos, fortissimo!”, to have it play louder. 

Wait, does this work already?