Question

Windows Password

• 8 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hi there,
I'm using my new computer pc a new ones with a real copy of windows 7 professional
Installation was good for a couple day until i've decide to install SONOS on to my computer
everythings work fine, then after restart my pc my password could not use anymore

WHAT IS A PROBLEMS ???????

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +1
Hi there,
I'm using my new computer pc a new ones with a real copy of windows 7 professional
Installation was good for a couple day until i've decide to install SONOS on to my computer
everythings work fine, then after restart my pc my password could not use anymore

Hi Searmsuk,

It would seem strange since updating the Sonos app you can no not log into your PC. The Sonos app should have no impact on the Windows password. Are you still experiencing difficulties logging into your Windows PC?
Badge
Yes, Help is still needed here.

Everytime I've install my fresh windows onto a new machine I've brought
with nothings else install but SONOS PC Controller.

Installation went good and SONOS can be found, music directory has been added successfully.

I shutdown my PC and moving it to my desire location in a cabinet and powering it up.,
a lock screen appear and asking me for a password which I didn't have or create ones.

Password reset disk is no use,...... Please advise !!!!
I might doing somethings wrong in between any steps of an installation.

Many Thanks
Searmsuk Kleepbua
T_T
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
So... in setting up your computer, are you just using the "Administrator" account for Windows, or do you have your own user account that you're using?

I think what's happening here is that Sonos creates a user account with a password for the purpose of sharing your music so that the speakers can access it over your network (Windows by default requires a password for shared folders, or changing some really obscure policy/registry settings to not require one). When an account other than "Administrator" exists on the computer, Windows 7 will by default hide the "Administrator" account on the login screen. The account still exists, it just doesn't appear as an option. This keeps you from logging into the Administrator account that you were using prior to installing and setting up the Sonos software.

Before I go further and write a book that may not be relevant, if you could confirm this to be the case, that would be great.
Badge
So... in setting up your computer, are you just using the "Administrator" account for Windows, or do you have your own user account that you're using?

I think what's happening here is that Sonos creates a user account with a password for the purpose of sharing your music so that the speakers can access it over your network (Windows by default requires a password for shared folders, or changing some really obscure policy/registry settings to not require one). When an account other than "Administrator" exists on the computer, Windows 7 will by default hide the "Administrator" account on the login screen. The account still exists, it just doesn't appear as an option. This keeps you from logging into the Administrator account that you were using prior to installing and setting up the Sonos software.

Before I go further and write a book that may not be relevant, if you could confirm this to be the case, that would be great.

Let me thinks :
On my new PC with a fresh install windows, there is only 1 account setting up as an administrator and no any other account at all
then I named this account as SONOS with a SONOS logo and very easy password as "1234abcd"
I'm installing SONOS controller for pc and giving it a permission to access my music folder and sharing them in SONOS setting panel.
That's was all of it.
After restart my password wasn't good any more ?
Why is that ?
Thanks for you future helps.

Searmsuk Kleepbua
a SONOS new face
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
I'm guessing the issue will be linked to the renaming of the Administrator account. Maybe find a copy of the exe file called renameuser and use that to rename it back to Administrator and try again.

When setting up the PC did you allocate a password to the Admin account (not the 1234abcd one)? If so, have you tried a combination of both? Can you switch user and try the original Admin account just incase?

You mention it's a new PC, is the option to do a factory restore available?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Renaming the local Administrator account doesn't really change much... its security identifier still makes it the local Administrator account as far as Windows is concerned, and could still cause what you're experiencing after you install Sonos and share your music for your speakers to access.

You should create a new account called SONOS and give it administrator access rather than renaming the Administrator account. This is the first thing I would do after installing Windows, and then never use the Administrator account again.