Skip to main content

Seems the developers overlooked what is a standard UI/UX feature, that would allow us to drag and drop music into the Sonos app.  This is frustrating and time consuming -- the UI/UX of the app requires us to jump through some hoops, which seems unnecessary.

It would be great, for example, if I could simply import my existing Playlists, that I worked hard to create, from the Music app into Sonos.  Makes perfect sense.

Time for an app update?  Am I missing an option that allows this?

Hi @Forrest, thanks for reaching out and bringing this up with the community. The Sonos app is the controller of speakers and a way of linking music services to Sonos. You just need to add a music service to Sonos to play your desired music, stream AirPlay audio to Sonos, or add your music library to Sonos. Also, I’d be happy to share this idea with the team. Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Seems the developers overlooked what is a standard UI/UX feature, that would allow us to drag and drop music into the Sonos app.  This is frustrating and time consuming -- the UI/UX of the app requires us to jump through some hoops, which seems unnecessary.

It would be great, for example, if I could simply import my existing Playlists, that I worked hard to create, from the Music app into Sonos.  Makes perfect sense.

Time for an app update?  Am I missing an option that allows this?

No, you are missing the fact that the Sonos app isn't a music player and doesn't store any playlists.

The app is a remote control and Sonosvplaylists are stored on the speakers. Your suggestion doesn't really make any sense given the Sonos system structure. 

Having said that,  if you have an Android phone then playlists created in a music app should already be available in 'on this mobile device '.

On Windows you can right-click on a music file and Cast it to a device: