Skip to main content

This has only just started in the last month or so, you add a track to ‘play next’ to the queue which it puts into the queue but just continues past it? 
Any ideas? 
thanks 

Perhaps begin by ensuring shuffle is switched off on the room queue (just to prevent any confusion at what you are seeing on screen). Also clear the queue/reboot the speaker and then try resetting your Sonos App in "Settings/App preferences" to see if that then fixes the issue.

On opening the reset App, ensure you choose the option to connect back to the ‘existing system’.

Sounds like it is a non-playable track, so the question is: where did you get the track, exactly? And what specifically is it?

Sounds like it is a non-playable track, so the question is: where did you get the track, exactly? And what specifically is it?

Definitely playable tracks, all direct from my premium Spotify account. Not sure why it’s doing this as it always worked previously. 

Perhaps begin by ensuring shuffle is switched off on the room queue (just to prevent any confusion at what you are seeing on screen). Also clear the queue/reboot the speaker and then try resetting your Sonos App in "Settings/App preferences" to see if that then fixes the issue.

On opening the reset App, ensure you choose the option to connect back to the ‘existing system’.

Shuffle was definitely off, I cleared queue and reset app and so far so good. 👍🏻

Shuffle was definitely off, I cleared queue and reset app and so far so good. 👍🏻

Thought I’d give it ago this morning and it still skips the ‘play next’ track I add 😩. So frustrating. 

The same issue came up on another recent thread.

A few of us have tested it and it is still working fine for us.  So it isn’t a generic bug, but maybe there is some rare combination of circumstances causes a problem.  

I think you need to run a system diagnostic just after experiencing the problem and call Sonos Support with the confirmation number.  Its unlikely that we’ll make progress on the forum on this one, I suspect..

The same issue came up on another recent thread.

A few of us have tested it and it is still working fine for us.  So it isn’t a generic bug, but maybe there is some rare combination of circumstances causes a problem.  

I think you need to run a system diagnostic just after experiencing the problem and call Sonos Support with the confirmation number.  Its unlikely that we’ll make progress on the forum on this one, I suspect..

They think it’s an interference problem and asked me to plug in a speaker in the kitchen, I’ve already got my connect plugged in and I’m not plugging any others in so I’ll have to live with it I suppose?

not had an issue before and I’ve had this set up years and nothings changed so god knows. 🤦🏼😩

“nothings changed” is a statement you may want to reconsider. Certainly you may not have changed anything, but there’s a lot in the environment that you have little or no control over may certainly have.

I had an issue a couple of years ago where a new neighbor moved in, and his router channel turned out to be stomping all over the channel I was using. Nothing changed on my side, but the environment certainly did. Took me a week to figure out, and fix.

But given the background updates some routers do as well, it’s always worth looking at everything with fresh eyes, and not taking any assumptions. 

“nothings changed” is a statement you may want to reconsider. Certainly you may not have changed anything, but there’s a lot in the environment that you have little or no control over may certainly have.

I had an issue a couple of years ago where a new neighbor moved in, and his router channel turned out to be stomping all over the channel I was using. Nothing changed on my side, but the environment certainly did. Took me a week to figure out, and fix.

But given the background updates some routers do as well, it’s always worth looking at everything with fresh eyes, and not taking any assumptions. 

I’ll just live with it and hopefully one day it might start working again.. 😂

Better to wait until you have an issue, then submit a diagnostic to Sonos to look at. Rarely do network issues, which I perceive this to be, fix themselves. Better to post the diagnostic, or call Sonos, and get feedback as to where the issue lies specifically, so you can address it directly. 

Better to wait until you have an issue, then submit a diagnostic to Sonos to look at. Rarely do network issues, which I perceive this to be, fix themselves. Better to post the diagnostic, or call Sonos, and get feedback as to where the issue lies specifically, so you can address it directly. 

The issue is there every time I use it now, I’ve contacted Sonos and sent a log but other than plugging the speakers in they are not sure? They can find interference on all speakers except the playbar. 
I’m not plugging the speakers in so I’ll live with it. Occasionally it comes up with track encoding or something but they are proper Spotify tracks. 
Sounds like it’s a fix that won’t be found unfortunately. 
thanks all anyway 🙏🏼

The issue is there every time I use it now, I’ve contacted Sonos and sent a log but other than plugging the speakers in they are not sure? They can find interference on all speakers except the playbar. 
I’m not plugging the speakers in so I’ll live with it. Occasionally it comes up with track encoding or something but they are proper Spotify tracks. 
Sounds like it’s a fix that won’t be found unfortunately. 
thanks all anyway 🙏🏼

Forgot to mention, I’m using BT smart hub 2 which doesn’t seem the best. 

Forgot to mention, I’m using BT smart hub 2 which doesn’t seem the best

Have you have had the router ‘firmware patched’ in recent days by BT, as mentioned in this thread:

Have you have had the router ‘firmware patched’ in recent days by BT, as mentioned in this thread:

I had a nightmare with connection issues when I first got that BT HUB 2, I ended up having to reintroduce every speaker (with help from Sonos) and ended up having to hardwire my connect because that was the easiest to run a wire. 
I’m just working my way through that thread but not sure about a patch? 
Wish I’d never changed to that hub in the first place. 

I had a nightmare with connection issues when I first got that BT HUB 2, I ended up having to reintroduce every speaker (with help from Sonos) and ended up having to hardwire my connect because that was the easiest to run a wire. 

The link is at the very start of the thread to contact BT to get the temporary firmware patch until they get it fixed. An alternative workaround, is to disable the 5Ghz Radio on the router, so maybe try that first to see if it resolves your issue.

The link is at the very start of the thread to contact BT to get the temporary firmware patch until they get it fixed. An alternative workaround, is to disable the 5Ghz Radio on the router, so maybe try that first to see if it resolves your issue.

That was my thinking too👍🏻

And that’s a case where you changed nothing, but another company changed things without letting you know. BT sent an update to their routers that blocks communication between device that are on different bands (2.4 vs 5 GHz), which apparently broke several things, including a slew of Sonos systems. But you’re right, you changed nothing!

And that’s a case where you changed nothing, but another company changed things without letting you know. BT sent an update to their routers that blocks communication between device that are on different bands (2.4 vs 5 GHz), which apparently broke several things, including a slew of Sonos systems. But you’re right, you changed nothing!

And probably ties in with when it stopped working correctly 🤦🏼👍🏻

Latest is I’ve contacted BT and they did say they were aware and have done the firmware update. 
They are also sending me another disc? Not sure why because I already have 2 and no idea where to put another but oh well.. 

I will check and report back on my adding tracks issue but the app when I add a track to ‘play next’ instantly tells me it’s added rather than the egg timer thingy spinning for a few seconds before telling me. 
So fingers crossed 🤞 🤞 

Thanks

It seems this hasn’t cured my issues, back to square one FFS 🤦🏼

The only time I have seen that same error message (not encoded correctly) @Wrightytyke, is if a track is added to a device queue and the track is already present in the queue - so I’m just wondering if that was the case here, perhaps? If so, I have reported that issue to Sonos, albeit in my case it was happening with Amazon Music HD service and not Spotify.

The only time I have seen that same error message (not encoded correctly) @Wrightytyke, is if a track is added to a device queue and the track is already present in the queue - so I’m just wondering if that was the case here, perhaps? If so, I have reported that issue to Sonos, albeit in my case it was happening with Amazon Music HD service and not Spotify.

I’ve added various tracks that I’ve not played for ages and it still comes up with that just as the playing song is about to finish??? So frustrating 

Do you have another service, besides Spotify …and have you tried that to see if the same issue occurs? Just wondering if it’s something to do with the Spotify service?

Do you have another service, besides Spotify …and have you tried that to see if the same issue occurs? Just wondering if it’s something to do with the Spotify service?

I have soundcloud, Mixcloud, etc I can try? 

Well after over 3 hours unplugging and reconnecting speakers with Sonos support this morning and 2 hours with BT it still doesn’t work and still tells me this before it skips to next track. Seems ok with soundcloud, deleted Spotify app and reinstalled but still no go FFS!