Answered

What keyboard shortcuts will work with the Android app?

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I tried pairing my PC keyboard to my Kindle Fire HD8 which I primarily use as a sonos controller at my desk.

I was able to type in the search bar and use the volume controls on the keyboard. 

I was wondering if there are shortcuts that will allow me to search, and select from search results? This would be amazing if possible.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 January 2023, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m not sure what the shortcut keys are (if any) on the Amazon device, but there are shortcut keys in the PC Controller App, liste under the help menu if you’re able to look at those, but not sure they would work in the ACR Sonos App - I’m not a Fire mobile device user, but isn’t it perhaps easier to just use the touch screen anyway🤔?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Personally I find the app to be sluggish (I’m not sure if this is an Amazon Fire, Android or Sonos issue) when entering text with the device. With a bluetooth keyboard it is much more responsive. 

It’s a good tip to look at the shortcuts for the Windows app, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

If anyone else is wondering, you can navigate the app with a combination of the up/down arrows, escape and enter.