Answered

Trueplay Tuning Not Working with iPhone 14 Pro

• 17 September 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just tried to use Trueplay Tuning on my Arc system and I got the message regarding it is not yet supported on this iPhone. I have the iPhone 14 Pro. I assume a software update will be coming soon for Sonos similar to what happened with the iPhone 12. 

Less of a question and more of a PSA

icon

Best answer by Kunalg55 12 December 2022, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7

Based on the iPhone 13, it was circa 3mths after launch before TruePlay was supported on it. Mid-Dec if I recall correctly.

Whether that will also be the case for iPhone 14 remains to be seen.

No doubt, Sonos will update the support page soon to say “Coming Soon” for the iPhone 14.

Trueplay-compatible devices

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

“Coming Soon” doesn’t mean support is coming, only a final status, which could be either supported or unsupported.

Badge

Still waiting for TruePlay support on the iPad Pro M1 that came out in 2021….

This seems unacceptable for me. What happened? Many differences between iphone 12 or 13? There was no time during ios 16 beta to check for problems at the OS level? For a label that wants to be the reference in the market I think not having support very soon seems to me a joke

Userlevel 7

This seems unacceptable for me. What happened? Many differences between iphone 12 or 13? There was no time during ios 16 beta to check for problems at the OS level? For a label that wants to be the reference in the market I think not having support very soon seems to me a joke

iOS device models are sufficiently different from one another to require individual microphone calibration curves. Probably not as simple a process as you imagine.

Although it is frustrating not to be able to tune using my 14 pro, I understand that things probably need tweaking for the newer hardware. I would rather a fully functioning update than have a multitude of fixes for a day one update release.

Been a while and it’s high time Sonia updates trueplay for iPhone 14…

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Been a while and it’s high time Sonia updates trueplay for iPhone 14…

Yes, hope she hurries up. 😁

I do so hate that autocorrect thing in iOS ;)

It’s been 2 months and Sonos still hasn’t updated their iOS app to handle Trueplay on iPhone14?  Kinda crazy that it’s taking this long!

Badge

These people don't give a f***k, once you pay for their products you can forget for a service. Don’t tell me it takes time to upgrade TruePlay for iPhone 14 or iPad Pro ….excuses excuses….going for Bluesound !

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

These people don't give a f***k, once you pay for their products you can forget for a service. Don’t tell me it takes time to upgrade TruePlay for iPhone 14 or iPad Pro ….excuses excuses….going for Bluesound !

Evidently you don’t own any Sonos products and trying to advertise for a different brand..

Userlevel 1

Says https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/trueplay-compatible-devices-and-sonos-products coming soon!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That section does not mean support is coming, only that a status update is coming.

Items have gone from this list to the Unsupported list, so don’t invest in a product not on the supported list unless you are prepared for it to never be supported.

Coming soon

• iPad (10th generation)
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 Plus
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max
Userlevel 1

Trueplay now works with iPhone 14 models including pro 

https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/12/sonos-trueplay-iphone-14-support/ 

sonos has also removed it from their not supported devices link. 
Update the app and it now works I have tried it myself. 

TY!!!  Appreciate the answer and glad Sonos finally added support for iPhone 14 series / iOS 16.