Trueplay and IOS 17

• 19 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have updated my iPhone 13 Pro to IOS 17 and have installed the latest SONOS 15.8 software but cannot run Trueplay to retune my system as it is not yet supported “for this iPhone” which I guess is

IOS 17. I know IOS 17 has only been publicly available since yesterday 18/9/23 but surely SONOS had sufficient warning to make the S2 App compatible ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

There are multiple other threads about this issue, Sonos has not yet made any official response. If past history were any indication, the inclusion of iOS 17 into TruePlay will be included in the release notes, in several weeks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you Airgetlam, I’ve finally managed to find those now 👍🏻

I have updated my iPhone 13 Pro to IOS 17 and have installed the latest SONOS 15.8 software but cannot run Trueplay to retune my system as it is not yet supported “for this iPhone” which I guess is

IOS 17. I know IOS 17 has only been publicly available since yesterday 18/9/23 but surely SONOS had sufficient warning to make the S2 App compatible ?

Sonos have probably been quite busy preparing for the planned release of ‘Move 2’ due to ship tomorrow - which is no doubt why they have released the 15.8 update today. Trueplay will come sometime later, I suspect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

It's working just fine for me 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hmm, then something is certainly not right as Ive deleted the app on my iPhone, reinstalled it and connected back to my system but Trueplay is still not working… weird 🫤

I suspect we’re being confused by TruePlay being run on an iOS device, and TruePlay being run by the microphones on the individual speakers, as a guess. The version using the microphones on the speakers should be working fine, it’s the iOS ‘waving the device’ version that seems unlikely to be working….yet. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I suspect we’re being confused by TruePlay being run on an iOS device, and TruePlay being run by the microphones on the individual speakers, as a guess. The version using the microphones on the speakers should be working fine, it’s the iOS ‘waving the device’ version that seems unlikely to be working….yet. 

I don't think so. I only run Trueplay on “rooms” via "waving” on the app. Updated to IOS 17 and also Sonos app and hardware to 15.8, I have Era 300s but only as part of the living room surround. The Trueplay wave is available if i want to retune, but retuning not required in 15.8.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hmm, then something is certainly not right as Ive deleted the app on my iPhone, reinstalled it and connected back to my system but Trueplay is still not working… weird 🫤

Just checking to see if you've updated both app and hardware to 15.8?

And if you're trying to run Trueplay on standalone Era speakers vs. having them in a surround system?

And if you're trying to run Trueplay on standalone Era speakers vs. having them in a surround system?

If you perhaps click ‘retune’ on your Arc HT room Trueplay settings, I’d be very surprised if you do get very far with the feature. I can’t get past the second screen, unless I use a ‘yet-to-be-upgraded’ iOS v16.5.1 mobile device.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

If you perhaps click ‘retune’ on your Arc HT room Trueplay settings, I’d be very surprised if you do get very far with the feature. I can’t get past the second screen, unless I use a ‘yet-to-be-upgraded’ iOS v16.5.1 mobile device.

Not surprised if that's correct. But...Not going to find out by trying to run Trueplay until needed.

Not surprised if that's correct. But...Not going to find out by trying to run Trueplay until needed.

You won’t lose the current settings if you do decide to try, you can cancel out before running the TP tuning to keep the current saved setting, but I suspect that you won’t get past the second screen anyway.

The TP message in the App says ‘coming soon’ - so that’s an indication that we may not have to wait too long,🤞

Userlevel 7

@GC3 

What iPhone model do you have? As your model may handle iOS 17 differently and still allow Trueplay to work. I haven’t seen you mention your iPhone model in this thread nor the other you’ve been commenting in. If I missed it my apologies for asking.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@GC3

What iPhone model do you have? As your model may handle iOS 17 differently and still allow Trueplay to work. I haven’t seen you mention your iPhone model in this thread nor the other you’ve been commenting in. If I missed it my apologies for asking.

Doubt that it matters but iPhone 12 pro. I've never tried using the iPad for Trueplay purposes.