Sonos for Apple Watch

Userlevel 2
Hey guys, please tell me you are going to or have already started working on a control for Sonos from the apple watch, I use my iPhone or iPad all the time but a watch control would be awesome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Ditto!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I was wondering how many hours it would take.

Yes a Sonos app for Apple Watch would be great.  It looks like they released an API (today so they couldn't have already been working on).  So Sonos can start working on now so maybe they can have ready in 6 months when the watch comes out.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi guys, 

We are also excited to hear about the Apple Watch, but do not have news at this time.  I am going to switch this over to our Ideas Forum, please feel free to add your feedback.  As we receive new information on the Apple Watch, we will be sure to pass it on.

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Please make a watch app. To play pause and volume. I would think it would have to work with the iOS app.
I currently use Kronos on Pebble which is ok but has its limitations - mainly that it requires a companion app on the phone and that it kills the phone's battery life. A native app for Apple Watch would be an ideal replacement and would help to overcome one of the few things that really bugs me about Sonos, namely to give a quick and easy way to answer the question I ask myself many times a day "what's this song/album/artist?"
Userlevel 1
I would also express my great interest in a sonos app for apple watch as well as an integration into apple home kit. That way, the sonos system can fully be integrated into a smart home.
I agree - a watch app, even if it has to connect to an iPhone somewhere in the house for some of its functions, would be a great step forward in convenience!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I agree - a watch app, even if it has to connect to an iPhone somewhere in the house for some of its functions, would be a great step forward in convenience!
I think the Apple Watch has to connect to your iPhone, if you look at the latest iOS update you now have 'Watch' as a separate app on your iPhone. Not sure how the watch and iPhone talk to each other (Bluetooth?) but range of connection might be an issue if your upstairs and phone downstairs. However it might also connect to your wifi and if so then a 'Watch' sonos app would be cool, but the UI would have to be limited to text unless you can get all the current artwork etc on it's tiny screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm just waiting for the complainers to show up here.  "Sonos I have invested millions in this system and now no Apple Watch app.  I purchased this system believing it would do anything I ever dreamt possible.  You don't care about your customer"

:)

But yes it would be a neat thing to be able to do some basic control from your wrist - like play/pause forward etc. Now playing screen.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yeh just basic function would be cool but can't work out if it has wifi or connects via bluetooth to your phone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
You got that in before my reply 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
see I'm still faster then you 🙂
Userlevel 1
So, any news on this? The watch is launching pretty soon and I would love to control my Sonos with it.
Yes, please have a Sonos app for the Apple Watch as soon as possible! As someone said previously, even just volume would be great. Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
sonos is it possible to get a status on this thread.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm currently using a Moto 360 (Android wear) until I get my Apple Watch to control my Sonos so getting the ability to control volume and advance to the next song is a must. Longer term is integrated with Siri to select a new playlist would be my next request. 
Badge
Excellent idea!
This would be a killer feature and I really hope Sonos are going to have something available at launch of the watch ...
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I believe Bob Marley got it all wrong ... the title should be "No Apple, No Cry" ;P
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I believe Bob Marley got it all wrong ... the title should be "No Apple, No Cry" ;P
Yeh and I like my cheese sandwiches "with jam in"
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Haha Dave, now we are getting somewhere!
Hi,
Just ordered my Apple watch... any news on a Sonos app ?
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Me too... go on Sonos, make our day...
Userlevel 1
Same here. Hoping for an announcement by Sonos! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I'm jealous 🙂