Skip to main content
Question

Something went wrong

• 14 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Anyone ever have every music service stop working and figure out a fix? Like I know the new app is a dumpster fire but this seems extreme. It wouldn’t even load for 6 days and now this WTF?

Local music library = Something went wrong. Sonos favourites don’t load.

Recently played don’t work (something went wrong error). 

play.Sonos.com = internal server error. 

Also can’t delete to re add services. 

But everything works in SonoPhone and Desktop controller which indicates not a network issue  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Bumper  sorry for your pain mate but I stopped using Sonos App for music weeks ago and I am using 16.1 😜

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Above all else, the “Something went wrong” error was the thing that convinced me to ditch the app “upgrade” and revert to version 16.1.

It’s quite obvious (to me) that any code written with such a deplorable lack of diagnostic detail has been very badly written, and that it should be avoided if at all possible. I count myself fortunate that I mainly use Android on my portable devices, so the reversion process was relatively painless.

Above all else, the “Something went wrong” error was the thing that convinced me to ditch the app “upgrade” and revert to version 16.1.

It’s quite obvious (to me) that any code written with such a deplorable lack of diagnostic detail has been very badly written, and that it should be avoided if at all possible. I count myself fortunate that I mainly use Android on my portable devices, so the reversion process was relatively painless.

Yeah avoiding this app is probably the best advice. I’m using mainly SonoPhone and LMS to play to my Sonos speakers, I avoid 80.x as much as possible   ButI have a partner who always defaults to the Sonos app and doesn’t use the other options so here I am posting about this 🤦‍♀️ 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

My Sirius stopped playing and forced me to update the app. That and TuneIn were the only things that worked with any consistency.

Now, no matter how many times I Reauthorize my Sirius it won’t play.

Effin scorpion and frog.

I will never not hate Sonos.