Software and Product Suggestions

How about adding this option directly to the Sonus Menu?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

I think you should have a second version of the boost that has Toslink input and IR input so we can use any Sonos speakers with our TV
I really want to have a pair of new play 5s flanking my tv
The Play:5 has a line-in, a cheap DAC would convert the optical output from any TV.
I want the same functionality as play bar
I don't want to launch an app to control volume
I want the same functionality as play bar

Buy the Playbar then, that's what it's for.

That's like buying a sports car and then complaining you can't go off-roading in it.
PLAY:5 doesn't support IR remote controls.
Does anyone know how to read?
I am suggesting they add IR and Todlink to the boost
They already have the software in the play bar. This hardware upgrade would let people use play 1,3,5 in a stereo pair or surround config with their tv
So you're suggesting taking a BOOST -- which is a basic network device with zero audio processing capability -- and adding a DD5.1 decoder, DSP, audio I/O, and an IR sensor?

Well, anything's possible, but it would be a totally new Sonos product. Essentially it would be a PLAYBAR, without the amps and speakers. And probably at a price that would be a significant fraction of a PLAYBAR's.
Yes
For someone who would prefer speakers to play bars
We are a custom home theatre company and we get this request a lot
Maybe I just don't know how to get it right, but what I would like is that the Player automatically connects back to the group that it was connected to before the TV was turned on. Now every time after the TV has been on I have to add the player to the living room speaker group again.
TV Autoplay can optionally separate the PLAYBAR from a group, but it can't re-assemble the group afterwards.
TV Autoplay can optionally separate the PLAYBAR from a group, but it can't re-assemble the group afterwards.

That is exactly what I mean.
I thought this was a place to write down suggestions for Sonos? For me it would take away a large frustration if the Player would reconnect to the original group again.