Answered

Shuffle Button for Sonos has disappeared on Apple Music

This is crazy! The shuffle button always worked for years and now its gone (With Apple Music when I select my apple music).  But if I go straight to Apple Music, the shuffle button is there.

Anyone know how to fix this? I called Sonos and they said they couldn’t help me but would take it under consideration.  

Without a shuffle button, I would never have bought my two systems.  Sonos has to do better than that. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 June 2022, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Actually, Apple is responsible for the things that show up for Apple Music in the Sonos controller. You might get further with contacting Apple.

I’m not able to test, but it seems an odd thing for their recent reimplementation to leave out. Have you tried re-authorizing your Apple account in Sonos, forcing a new handshake between Sonos and Apple’s servers?

Userlevel 7

The Shuffle button is still showing for Apple Music in Sonos.

If there’s any areas where the Shuffle button doesn’t show, compared to before the updated Apple Music layout, then it could be an oversight by Apple in their new design. As Bruce says, Apple are responsible for how their music service operates on Sonos, so you’d be better raising any issue with Apple.

Shuffle only works on the queue.  If you are playing a station or radio function, it isn't using the queue, so there's no shuffle.

I can confirm, shuffle is gone now in the queue.  I used to be able to shuffle my song library under apple music in sonos.  This is such a fail.  Who do we blame?

I can confirm, shuffle is gone now in the queue.  I used to be able to shuffle my song library under apple music in sonos.  This is such a fail.  Who do we blame?

Don't know what you are doing, but I just loaded an album from Apple Music into the queue and the shuffle icon is there and working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Shuffle is also available on Albums, that hasn’t changed either:

Shuffle works like it always has on albums, but has disappeared on songs. This is really frustrating- where would one direct their inquiry? Apple Music?

Since Apple is responsible for what they push to the Sonos client, yes. Sonos provides the API, but it hasn’t changed, which means that what data is being sent by Apple has.

This is crazy! The shuffle button always worked for years and now its gone (With Apple Music when I select my apple music).  But if I go straight to Apple Music, the shuffle button is there.

Anyone know how to fix this? I called Sonos and they said they couldn’t help me but would take it under consideration.  

Without a shuffle button, I would never have bought my two systems.  Sonos has to do better than that. 

I was really frustrated with that also. Magically the shuffle button reappeared today but half an hour later it was gone again. I then told Alexa “shuffle my music in Apple music”. It has worked perfectly. 

Seems to be okay, shuffle is available and working here on the iPad controller App when the AM tracks played are being used with the speaker queue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Seems to be okay, shuffle is available and working here on the iPad controller App when the AM tracks played are being used with the speaker queue.

That is Shuffle on a Playlist though, which makes sense (and that shuffle button is actually added by Sonos, not Apple, based on the fact that the playlist is a mediaCollection of queueable items).

Still not understanding how an individual song can offer a Shuffle option though.