Searching Artists brings up Sonos Radio as top default result

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey all,

I’ve had a Sonos system for 7 years and this is the first time I’ve had this issue over the last week or so.

Whenever I search under Artists, the top default result is Sonos Radio showing 1-3 genre station recommendations, followed by my streaming services with artist results if I scroll down below. Using both Apple and Spotify. Ideally I don’t want genre station recommendations listed first, I’m searching for an artist specifically to listen to which has always worked fine in the past.
I’ve updated and re-installed my app, re-authorized, removed and re-added my streaming services, which puts them back at the top of my search result for the first search I perform, and then defaults back to Sonos Radio results again under the Artists tab.
When I reached out to support I was told, “It’s a system feature, that’s how it is” but have never had to experience this feature before.

Anyone have any insight?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The top default should be the last service you went into.  What happens if you go into spotify or apple under browse.   then go back and do a search

Thanks for the reply and suggestion!

I went into Apple and browsed the artists in my profile, and when I went back to the search page it was the top result, amazing; but anytime the application is reloaded the search field pulls back to Sonos Radio as the default. If I constantly have to browse Apple first it defeats the search function, which I use to avoid scrolling a large profile. It’s consistent with how when I re-install the application or service, it triggers to Apple at first try but then goes back to Sonos Radio. Just a frustrating change on my end with the interface over the last week.