Answered

Refresh/reload library "on this device".

• 3 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

Is there a way to refresh/reload the library shown in On this device > Tracks ?  

In my library 4 tracks are shown on the top of the list which shouldn't be there based on the alfabetical order. The metadata had a space in front of the title so i corrected that, in my other musicplayer it's corrected  but the Sonos app still shows these on top. 

I already re-installed the app assuming it would relfresh the library but they’re still there.

See this printscreen: The list should start at “We're not Programs...

In Mediamonky it's shown alright (slightly rearranged but that's problaby just how this app orders:

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2023, 10:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SleepyRobot 

Thanks for your post!

To update Android’s library (which Sonos pulls from for On This Device) you’ll need to reboot your phone/tablet.

You can also download apps that will force a rescan without needing to reboot (generally labelled SD Card Scanners, if memory serves).

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for your reply Corry P,

Sadly rebooting my phone doesn't change anything. When i add new music to the sd card it does show in the library so it is scanning the sc card. But for some strange reason these 4 tracks keep staying on top. Well, i give up as i read that in a few weeks time this function is not going to work anymore anyway 😭🤷🏾‍♂️. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SleepyRobot 

Perhaps you need to change both versions of the tag (some media files contain both ID3 tags and ID3v2 tags). But yes, the feature is being removed so I can hardly blame you for giving up on it.