Answered

"on this mobile device" no longer showing

• 31 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I store my music on a micro SD card in MP3 format that is within my phone. Until today I have been able to open the Sonos app and within browse, select the "on this mobile device" option which then opens the micro SD folder and enables me to play my music through my 4 Sonos Play:1 speakers. Today, the "on this mobile device" option does not come up, so I am unable to access and play my music. I have changed nothing. Subsequently I have done an update, restarted my phone several times and restarted the Sonos system several times, but it's still not showing. Can anyone shed any light on this and help me get my music playing on my Sonos speakers again? I'm very frustrated! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 May 2023, 15:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Thank you....why have they removed this and how do I play my music now?

It’s all explained in that thread. 

Badge

I read the thread. Bottom line is I don't have a NAS, my Sonos speakers are not Bluetooth enabled and I do not have line in option. So Sonos unilaterally removed functionality that I bought. That is theft. And a huge loss. If this is their way of operating, I have bought my last Sonos product. Awful support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you are allowed to copy posts, then so am I. You’ve probably accepted Sonos’ terms of use. They will say Sonos can do this. I understand you don’t like that they’ve had to take this function away, but it isn’t theft.

I read the thread. Bottom line is I don't have a NAS, my Sonos speakers are not Bluetooth enabled and I do not have line in option. So Sonos unilaterally removed functionality that I bought. That is theft. And a huge loss. If this is their way of operating, I have bought my last Sonos product. Awful support. 

Contact a police officer or better yet a lawyer over this alleged "theft".  Let us know how loud are the laughs you get.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@andrejoubert Read the thread more carefully. There are phone apps that will play music from your phone onto a Sonos device.