Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

2045 replies

I’ve tried to look everywhere but couldn’t find if anyone else is having an issue with search results. When searching for a song title it only brings up the Artist, Album and Stations but not the song. I really hope I don’t have to go into an album just to play a song now.

Userlevel 1

I have been an avid Sonos user for years. The company I work for is a major supporter. Today I updated to the latest update. I have found it almost unusable, and could NOT be more disappointed. Sonos needs to work through this user experience in order to keep satisfied customers.
I will recommend, company wide, NOT to update.

After updating the app all my Sonos playlists are gone! Not that I’m surprised since Sonos usually hardly works, but it’s still annoying to have to recreate the playlists (I won’t use Sonos anymore of course.)

Hi there,

just updated to S2…on iOS 17.4.1

systemsettings>manage> „my system“ is missing 

There is no „my system“  with the setting for the alarm clock etc. like it used to be in S1…

Anyone an idea? 
thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Android integration? (current listening in notification center) Nothing.

Add song (or album, or playlist) at the end of current list? Nothing.

This app is unusable. What a shame!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The new app sucks and it’s even worse, the music library is gone 😤. Wish I did not update….

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I used to listen a lot to Radio FIP, but now with the new app the stations no longer play.

I tried to add radio france as a ‘service’, but it just pauses for a bit and then says ‘something went wrong’.

Any workaround to listen to FIP on the new terrible app?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The new app sucks and it’s even worse, the music library is gone 😤. Wish I did not update….

If you keep swiping up in the app you can see the library ‘source’ at the bottom and the edit home option. You can bring the library source up to the top of the app using the edit home option however you can't use search on your library. That's a pretty dumb move.

Userlevel 1
Badge

How do you add New library, or just edit the existing?!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

The core functionality of local libraries (as with alarms) has NOT been removed from the underlying OS on the devices.  The app however appears to have been rushed and elements of the UI redesign are missing.  We have been told that these will return in a future update.  Currently the web app is the only way to adjust local library settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The chaos spreads...?? 

Android version 80.04 has appeared for download. 😝

Time to seek out the garlic and that special crucifix, I think. 😎

I find it is not acceptable to force users to listen to TuneIn ads when the are listening free to air programs that they are already financing thru Gema or similar.

The app doesn’t allow me to access the tunein (old) favorites, access thru MacOS App is possible (Still)

The app is unreliable

The app doesn’t integrate to Spotify correctly (Graphics??)) &Why so much Focus on the name of the WLAN?

Extremely cumbersome approach to launch a radio station to click twice to play a station (wrong UX)

The new Tunein UX is a mess:

1. No option to expand Favorites in tune in
  2. No Option to bring Favorites to the first position
  3. How to add my own URLs ?

Userlevel 1
Badge

The core functionality of local libraries (as with alarms) has NOT been removed from the underlying OS on the devices.  The app however appears to have been rushed and elements of the UI redesign are missing.  We have been told that these will return in a future update.  Currently the web app is the only way to adjust local library settings.

Apperently. Why this madly rush? I will try the web app, Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Ich habe die neue Version ungefragt aufgespielt bekommen.

Jetzt sind Sender und Playlisten weg.

Die Sender WDR 2 und SWR 3 finde ich nicht mehr und kann somit kein Radio mehr hören.

Was für ein riesen Scheiß.

Ich will die alte Version zurück.

Da habe ich nichts vermisst.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Overnight my orange app turned black, my 'one' speaker disappeared, my usual controls disappear or don't work. What the hell is going on? 

I’ve got the new version of the app on iOS. Cannot for the life of me find the autoplay option to make it so my sonos five plays from my turntable.

Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge

It sucks

Userlevel 5
Badge

nobody wanted this

Userlevel 5
Badge

So how can I get back to my old version? That worked. 

CBC as well as other services (I.e. Radio Paradise) have stopped working after app update. This is on four devices so what is issue. Have also had to delete Siriusxm stations, reauth. service and readd stations. Tunein needed reauth. and some stations are now dead and cannot be deleted. I do not see this as progress.

Userlevel 3

No alarm settings

No network

No music library

The new app is only one big fail. So I need to install the app on PC again. One app for configuration and and another app for the control.

I want go back to the old version, but how? 

Once I was close to sell all my SONOS products and now I’m again at this point. How is it possible today to bringe an update without testing before?

Userlevel 1
Badge

The new app is full of bugs. I have issues with music library tracks playing and skipping and repeating at random. I have Apple and Amazon services, Apple is working fine but Amazon says ‘An error occurred with Amazon Music. Try again later’. I should never have upgraded and Sonos should never have released this update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Aside from the issue above, I’m finding it hard to even easily select  a specific sonos room to play. In my case, if I choose to play something, I then have to click the bottom to select a room. Instead of it defaulting to the last played, it always comes up with “ben’s room”, a room I almost never use. When I click on that, it gives me options to choose many rooms (living room is what I want). I select it. It seems to start playing the new selection, but then goes back to the main screen which is once again showing Ben’s room. 

This whole things feels like a relatively untested Beta. Luckily, I’m traveling for the next week, but if it is not resolved by then I may take the jump to blue sound. The sonos app was one of the few things keeping me loyal. It really was better. Now its just a big work in progress.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Well this has been an unmitigated cluster***k of a software roll out hasn’t it @Sonos? My Product Management services are available for when you inevitably fire your entire team when the dust settles…

Anyway, I see you’ve rushed out another update (80.00.04) in the Apple App Store, but (somewhat predictably) have failed to provide any meaningful release notes, simply repeating the “Get to your favourite music faster” bobbins you falsely claimed when you released 80.00.00 / 02.

So, before I pull the trigger, can I ask what you’ve updated? Is it any of:

• Sleep timers / alarms?
  • Reliable hosting of NAS-libraries, with (as a minimum) a letter-scroll for navigation, or better yet full search capability. For your interest the Music Library in “Your Sources” makes its own mind up as to whether to appear or not - see photos below
  • Fixes to broken Favouites links - even when I’ve unfavourited and then reselected them?
  • Volume / tone / balance controls

I could go on, but I’m guessing you’ve got your hands full at the moment.

Yours,

Joel

10 zones currently, first Sonos system bought in 2008, latest one bought this weekend (Premium Surround set) and many many of thousands spent over the years on your products.