Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

@Obeermeatbigsky,

I’m not sure, but maybe the attached screen-capture animation from my controller App will perhaps assist you with room grouping…🤔?

I have been evangelistic about Sonos since my first purchases in 2008 - I used to love showing off how easy the system was to use, seamlessly integrated with my i-devices. Stopped doing that. Embarrassing. It no longer is. I am that sad guy, the fanboy of something which is unworthy of excitement.

Dear Sonos, you know your business better than I do. You know the value of infectiously happy customers. I’m guessing you can’t afford not to throw as much money at this lousy app as possible in order to prevent infectious customer satisfaction becoming toxic disappointment. 

Does the pre-smart phone Sonos controller still work? I might check ebay.

Please make the new app better und “good again” and PLEASE MUCH MUCH MORE FASTER!!!!!

Dear Mr Sonos,

I have been a loyal customer of your products for well over 17 years and enjoyed the simplicity you brought to listening to great music, in fact I think my second son may have been conceived to a beautifuly precisioned EQ'd 'Bump and Grind' by R Kelly, however with hindsight of the latest controversy and to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness, I wish I had opted for Mavin Gaye's 'Let's get it on'.

Can i just state i'm a stickler for innovation and improvement, but quite frankly your new attempt to improve what perfectly did what it needed to do, is well, a f*ck up in every single proportion.  I understand change requires effort,  but I have invested over many months in going back and forth and to this day still struggle to find my Spice Girls playlist!

My Granny used to make the finest lightest sponge cake, which as a child I would skip home from school knowing the minute I walked through her door, the smell would place the biggest smile on my face, knowing that with a big lump of cream, I would be happy as Larry for the next 15 minutes, or indeed any other well paid Boxer.  You see she had a simple recipe she had inherited from her mother, and probably passed down from her mother's mother.  She didn't one day wake up and think, let me throw in another egg or double the ratio of fat to flour, for that as you will clearly understand would ruin what was perfection.  So to my point. Why did you and your company choose to mess with perfection?  You had software that did what it simply needed to do.  The perfect sponge cake in terms of modern day audio interfaces.
You fell victim to the medlers in your company who can't just accept when you get something right, and all it simply needs is an occasional rub, tickle or polish, rather than pick up the blue print and turn it upside down, twist it and then turn it over.

I now click on a complex mix of buttons just simply trying to stop the Village People from incessantly trying to persuade me to join their religious Airbnb.  I am also now awkwardly plagued with having to explain to my seven year old son why sex can be on fire given my inability to pause the King's of Leon playlist!

Please Mr Sonos, take a breath and ask yourself if you have improved the experience.  I'm sure the majority would disagree! Sometimes greatness comes from humbleness in admitting you made a mistake. Please go back to what was great and kindly offer your loyal customers the enjoyment they once had.
I live in hope,
Gav.

Dear Sonos Support Team,

I am writing to express my extreme frustration and disappointment with the recent update to the Sonos app. As a long-time user who has always appreciated the functionality and reliability of Sonos products, the current state of the app is nothing short of infuriating.

Basic features that were once seamless and intuitive, such as volume control and identifying the current queue, have become major pain points. Since the update was rolled out approximately two months ago, I have experienced continuous issues without any sign of resolution.

Volume control, which used to be straightforward and responsive, now behaves inconsistently. Adjusting the volume often results in delays or changes not being registered promptly, disrupting the listening experience. Furthermore, identifying the current queue has become a guessing game, as the app frequently fails to display a que at all citing, "que is empty" when there is music playing.

These problems are not minor inconveniences but significant disruptions to the usability of your product. As a loyal customer, I find it unacceptable that after two months, these fundamental issues remain unresolved.

Please prioritize fixing these issues immediately. Users like myself rely on Sonos products daily and expect a level of functionality that matches the premium nature of your brand. I hope to see a swift resolution to these problems so that I can continue to enjoy the Sonos experience that I have come to love and expect.

There was a firmware update today but no app update on Android yet. 

I can’t see any obvious changes, but per my post in the other thread, I have never experienced issues with the new update.

Someone with big system issues (with nothing to lose!) could perhaps try updating and feeding back if there are any improvements overall.

Seems the same to me so far. No discernible improvement in performance. 

There is also an update for the Mac desktop app, so presumably also an update for the Windows app…

Again, no obvious changes there.

There is also an update for the Mac desktop app, so presumably also an update for the Windows app…

It’s a trap! Cycled through Update now/no update available/must update to access system multiple times, gave up, and lost my music library - again.

It’s a trap! Cycled through Update now/no update available/must update to access system multiple times, gave up, and lost my music library - again.

Have you tried checking for the system update via the phone app instead?

2 Era 300, the lighting of the control buttons does not work, Bluetooth does not work - so far it worked with 1 speaker, and at least after a minute of pressing the BT button, the light turned blue.

Have you tried checking for the system update via the phone app instead?

Auto updated. I was able to add my library again going through the fake NAS route again, but playlists can’t be played - Unable to browse music, The desktop app appears to have been downgraded to the functionality - and I use that word advisedly - of the phone app. I can no longer play from my library.

Finally got it to play with Sonophone. Desktop can be used to group speakers, but not much else. Do not update if you can avoid it.

It’s been 2 months, and I still have to fool the system into playing music I own. How is this remotely acceptable? I’d type more, but I need to go unplug every speaker I own, uninstall and reinstall the app, point the system to a fake NAS, and then re-index my library so I can listen to a song that isn’t on Spotify. Every day. 

Today the Windows desktop app demanded to be updated.  I tried it first on my laptop, and it appeared not have made much difference.  However, when I then tried to use Sonos on my Android devices, I was forced to upgrade to the new app - I’d previously done this but rolled back almost immediately.  It is no better than when first released.

Queue: still no editing except for add, and you can’t do a queue of one source while listening to another (eg, no Plex, while using BBC Sounds).

Music library search: For goodness’ sake put it back! Scrolling through 5000 folders would take all day.

Fortunately the desktop app is still working apparently normally (though I wonder if tomorrow’s scheduled update of the music library will ruin things).  The desktop app has always been better than the Android: multiple selection of tracks, easier sorting of the queue, easily-found alarms, search limited to one source (if I know something is in my music library, I have no need for it be searched-for elsewhere).  And I can easily hide the cover art, or radio station logo - I know this is a rare preference, but I have edited my collection in a way to suit me, and there is no cover art available - I never need to see it after I have bought an album.

Okay, I just tried the web app to see if that would give me access to my playlists, and lost everything again. Speakers all separated (but at least they can still be seen), and my music library is gone. Sigh...

Okay, I just tried the web app to see if that would give me access to my playlists, and lost everything again. Speakers all separated (but at least they can still be seen), and my music library is gone. Sigh...

Try the Sonos app for Windows or Mac. The playlists are usually there on these apps. 

No access to my Subsonic server on the new app, but it’s there on Windows. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Now I find that the app won't open on my Galaxy S24 Ultra, though it works on other Android devices. 

Now I find that the app won't open on my Galaxy S24 Ultra, though it works on other Android devices. 

There is an issue with some Samsung devices following yesterday’s firmware update… There is also an app update due this week apparently. Who knows if this will fix the issue…

Just roll back to 16.1. Oh wait Sonos took that feature away too 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Sonos gives zero Fs🤣

There is an issue with some Samsung devices following yesterday’s firmware update… There is also an app update due this week apparently. Who knows if this will fix the issue…

I restarted the phone, then it worked. I did the software update, and it's still working. And still rubbish. 

Well, after months of frustration I came to see what the rest of the world was saying about the new App.

I have 7 Sonos products and love them all.

The new app though is so incredibly BAD.  There are times where it just won’t connect to the my devices at all.  When it does connect, it is always after a delay.  Other features like my services or recently played lists are just intermittently not available.  Sometimes it can’t find my streaming services Spotify and SiriusXM.

What a mess.  And just ruining what are fantastic products and what was an other wise amazing experience.

Try the Sonos app for Windows or Mac. The playlists are usually there on these apps. 

That is what I was using, and keep getting the Unable to Browse error when I attempt to access the playlist. They are there, I just can’t play them. I was hoping it might work on the web app, but no go, and it left me worse off.