Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

The recent app update has made my Sonos system glitchy and unstable.

I've spent hundreds, no, make that thousands on products and at this point I’m thinking there is probably a legal claim for rendering products I’ve purchased, well, not fit for purpose.

Thera are enough people complaining about this app on the forums that I believe Sonos should action some kind of statement and rectification.

“UK Trading Standards” would probably be interested in hearing about our experience I’m sure. Updates that render products worse (with no way to go backwards to past versions of the app) shouldn’t be allowed.

Sonos - we deserve some kind of response.

Thanks,

Paul

I have downgraded to the 16.1 version of the Android app, based on links in this chat, and my (audio) life has dramatically improved 

Back here again.
Things seem to be going from bad to worse for me.

Now, not only does it take time from opening the app to discovering my system, but trying to skip somgs, change volume etc is pretty much not working anymore.
I try to turn a speaker down and it does nothing, so I try to pause the song nothing, try to play another song and it does nothing. Then maybe a minute later the song changes.

I had to physcily turn the plug off to stop the music. I was open to giving Sonos the benefit of the doubt but my listening experience has got worse and worse.

Also I had at the top of home screen under ‘your sources’ was my music library, but I used a port (connected to a record player) and now I seem to only have ‘line-in’ under my sources and have lost my music library. How do I get access to the music on NAS again? I can’t work it out.

I genunily can’t believe a company would release such an untested piece of software

If a song is playing, what button do you use to get the album track listing ?

If a song is playing, what button do you use to get the album track listing ?

There is no button for album track listing from a current playing track AFAIK. Unless you mean the queue list?  That button is circled in the pic. Or The button with 3 dots has links to browse artist or similar depending on the source. 

Also I had at the top of home screen under ‘your sources’ was my music library, but I used a port (connected to a record player) and now I seem to only have ‘line-in’ under my sources and have lost my music library. How do I get access to the music on NAS again? I can’t work it out.

If you have previously had access to your library via the new mobile app its odd that its spontaneously disappeared.

Check the desktop app. If the library has also been disconnected from the desktop app you can re-add the library from there whilst we are still waiting for ability to add/edit library in mobile app. You would need to ensure your NAS is configured for SMB2 or SMB3 as latest speaker/system firmware no longer supports SMB1. https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

If the library is accessible via the desktop app but not the new mobile app, check the system firmware. If its not up to date, its possible you might need to update the system firmware to regain access via new mobile app (this is just a hunch; don’t know for sure).

So with the New app 2024 being dodgy freezing problems-catching up with what’s playing and when it freezes on my move 2 the volume can be too loud because I’m used to turning the volume up via my iPhone controls I have to now use the app to return the  volume control however if it freezes I’m stuck SONOS build the app to support your crazy ideas instead of relying on your customers to solve your mad ideas and corporate BS it seems we are crying out for a USER friendly system that is beyond your comprehension which is what attracted us in the first place

Thank you, Bumper. What a trainwreck of an app.  There is no longer a way to access an album from a song that appears on it. 
Sonos Dev team, it’s clear that you are trying to bankrupt your  business by September, but before the company collapses, add a Browse album button  either as a standalone or as a drop-down under the three dots.

Does anyone know when the broken app will be fixed and fully functional? I haven’t been able to use my Sonos system since May. It’s insane that Sonos WILL NOT release it’s prior app version for iPhone users so we can actually use our systems—which many of us paid hundreds or thousands of dollars for. 

NOT ONLY did Sonos approve release of a broken app so that their customers can no longer us the expensive systems they paid for (a form of malpractice)—Sonos also told their tech support reps to LIE about it. It took 4 separate phone calls with tech support (1-2+ hours each), for one of them to finally admit the app is dysfunctional.

Obviously, I will never buy or recommend Sonos again. That’s a gimme. BUT I should be able to use the system I paid for. 

Where is the fixed app? Where are the announcements for customers with updates on the situation? Where is the compensation?

Don’t be greedy, Sonos. It will bite you in the _______ in the long run.

If you have previously had access to your library via the new mobile app its odd that its spontaneously disappeared.

Check the desktop app. If the library has also been disconnected from the desktop app you can re-add the library from there whilst we are still waiting for ability to add/edit library in mobile app. You would need to ensure your NAS is configured for SMB2 or SMB3 as latest speaker/system firmware no longer supports SMB1. https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

If the library is accessible via the desktop app but not the new mobile app, check the system firmware. If its not up to date, its possible you might need to update the system firmware to regain access via new mobile app (this is just a hunch; don’t know for sure).

Hi OSM,
So on the windows desktop app (I dont really ever use this) I did have to re-add my nas music folder.
Once complete I have access back to my library on windows and restarting the android app I now have access again there.
Thanks for the reply and advice.

Hi Guys. Incase you didn't realise the customer feedback on you're new app is totally utterly crap. You've had weeks to sort out the numerous issues but are incapable of doing so and worst still don't seem bothered. I for one will be selling my ERA300 which itself is great but the app is incapable of working it unlike the last version. For the record I'll never recommend a Sonos product and have put many negative reviews on your advertising sites. One person won't any difference to your sales but you're talking in the thousands if you care to read reviews on Google play store etc. 

My Sonos speakers have been unusable for months now. JUST GIVE US BACK A FUNCTIONAL APP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m sorry but I’ve experienced the worst software rollout in my lifetime. The brand reputation may be damaged at this point leading to permanent decline in sales. I was looking for portable speakers for my RV and Sonos was my first search. Thanks for doing the software update before I purchased. I’ll be looking elsewhere for now. 
I was a loyal customer for +15 years and bought systems for myself and adult kids. The flexible easy to use software was the magic and growth driver for Sonos. With the good software in the rear view mirror, you are left with overpriced mid-fi electronics and a severely damaged reputation. That is the beginning of the end for most companies. Word travels fast in the internet age. Hope you can figure it out or quickly or sell to a larger company with bigger resources to save the brand. I really enjoyed Sonos for quite a few years.

I’m sorry but I’ve experienced the worst software rollout in my lifetime. The brand reputation may be damaged at this point leading to permanent decline in sales. I was looking for portable speakers for my RV and Sonos was my first search. Thanks for doing the software update before I purchased. I’ll be looking elsewhere for now. 
I was a loyal customer for +15 years and bought systems for myself and adult kids. The flexible easy to use software was the magic and growth driver for Sonos. With the good software in the rear view mirror, you are left with overpriced mid-fi electronics and a severely damaged reputation. That is the beginning of the end for most companies. Word travels fast in the internet age. Hope you can figure it out or quickly or sell to a larger company with bigger resources to save the brand. I really enjoyed Sonos for quite a few years.

15+ years loyal and yet only joined the community today with a new account and you have old products listed in your profile that Sonos have not sold for years… I’m sorry that’s not all that loyal in my book. The world does indeed travel fast in the internet age, but it seems you chose to stay put.

15+ years loyal and yet only joined the community today with a new account and you have old products listed in your profile that Sonos have not sold for years… I’m sorry that’s not all that loyal in my book. The world does indeed travel fast in the internet age, but it seems you chose to stay put.

Why isn't that loyal? Only because he didn't buy all the new sonos stuff? He kept his old loudspeakers and did not throw them away. Because they are good and they worked until the new app came. That IS loyal. Or was. And a new account after 15 years? I have my stuff 5 years and never had any problems,  so why did I need an account ?

Why isn't that loyal? Only because he didn't buy all the new sonos stuff? He kept his old loudspeakers and did not throw them away. Because they are good and they worked until the new app came. That IS loyal. Or was. And a new account after 15 years? I have my stuff 5 years and never had any problems,  so why did I need an account

Don’t bother engaging over this. He’s called people with new accounts who are not happy with the app trolls. Not worth it.

Why isn't that loyal? Only because he didn't buy all the new sonos stuff? He kept his old loudspeakers and did not throw them away. Because they are good and they worked until the new app came. That IS loyal. Or was. And a new account after 15 years? I have my stuff 5 years and never had any problems,  so why did I need an account ?

There are points where that user falls short for me, based on Loyalty in retail marketing…

1. Loyalty is displayed by the customers of a store or chain if they visit more often and spend more money at that store or chain than they do at its competitors.
  2. Customer loyalty exists when a person regularly patronizes a particular retailer that he or she knows, likes, and trusts.
  3. Customers display a strong degree of brand loyalty by insisting on their products and accepting no substitute.
  4. Loyalty is displayed by the customers of a store or chain if they visit more often and spend more money at that store or chain than they do at its competitors.

Don’t bother engaging over this. He’s called people with new accounts who are not happy with the app trolls. Not worth it.

Can you show me an instance in the community here where that’s the case @Bumper?  I’d just like to review it… thanks. 

This new upgrade is horrendous. Every time I want to use this app, I have to log off and on multiple times. I get blank screens or none of my subscriptions show up to connect to. The app is getting worse instead of better. I have 5 speakers and now thinking of getting rid of them. 

Hey @Ken_Griffiths, I hesitated posting this as I don’t know if it will come across as constructive. I’ve seen three-some-odd posts from you today calling out new forum members. In one case you explicitly questioned their loyalty? In other instances today you’ve been openly scornful of others. These posts have a super-odd tone, imho, so here’s my suggestion: ignore posts you find objectionable.

Food for thought.

With the removal of so many functions to play local music and to use other music services, the new app feels like Sonos wanting to convert its Sonos system to only being speakers that stream Sonos Radio, where they can get ongoing ad revenue, rather than being an actual sound system.  Sad!  If that is the case then shouldn't they just give away the hardware instead of charging a premium.  I may as well go with some decent blue tooth speaker system since I can no longer use the system to play my own music.  No reason that they could not keep original functionality as well as adding new functionality unless they are just trying to force users into an ongoing revenue model.  I don't think Sonos understands its customer base at all.

This is completely on point. Sonos trying to force Sonos radio on its customers.

Hey @Ken_Griffiths, I hesitated posting this as I don’t know if it will come across as constructive. I’ve seen three-some-odd posts from you today calling out new forum members. In one case you explicitly questioned their loyalty? In other instances today you’ve been openly scornful of others. These posts have a super-odd tone, imho, so here’s my suggestion: ignore posts you find objectionable.

Food for thought.

I will happily take on board what you say - but just to say I’ve not called anyone here a troll  - I think once again @bumper has misread that post, but let’s wait and see the post he means after he posts the link back here.

I agree with all of the comments above. I hope the SONOS people are listening and do some major changes very quickly, or give me my money back for a houseful of redundant, unplayable speakers?

No I bet not……..I am very unhappy!  

I agree with all of the comments above. I hope the SONOS people are listening and do some major changes very quickly, or give me my money back for a houseful of redundant, unplayable speakers?

No I bet not……..I am very unhappy!  

If they’re unplayable then I’d certainly get in touch with Sonos Support and see what they say. The link to do that is here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

There are points where that user falls short for me, based on Loyalty in retail marketing…

1. Loyalty is displayed by the customers of a store or chain if they visit more often and spend more money at that store or chain than they do at its competitors.
  2. Customer loyalty exists when a person regularly patronizes a particular retailer that he or she knows, likes, and trusts.
  3. Customers display a strong degree of brand loyalty by insisting on their products and accepting no substitute.
  4. Loyalty is displayed by the customers of a store or chain if they visit more often and spend more money at that store or chain than they do at its competitors.

And what about the users who use their products every day for years on end. They're loyal too, right? Once most people buy a stereo system, that is often it until the thing stops working. Not everyone is an audiophile upgrade fiend. And if they were, Sonos probably wouldn't be right for them anyway. 

And I think for those daily users, they are reaching that point where it isn't working. That is massively frustrating.