Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

1. Basically every time that I open the app (Android), it initially says no system found, then after a few seconds it sorts itself out and finds my system.

Well, the old app could also take a few second before it found something. But it did not directly say “no system found”, but just spun for a few seconds. I think the behaviour of the new app where they have no smoothing, but directly says “no system found”, “something went wrong” certainly helps to give a bad impression. I guess that what happens when you release something unfinished.

Help. My sonos system is almost unusable with the new App or firmware. It takes literally 20 seconds to respond to app input like change volume or skip the track. Please please fix this! 

None of my streaming services work - even after reauthorizing. TuneIn and iHeart radio - nothing loads. I hear the ads loud and clear but, then the stations won’t ever load. This is insane! And it’s gone on long enough. How on earth was this not beta tested more thoroughly before being pushed out. One thing is for certain, I am not going to “automatically update” anything with Sonos at this point. Ever. 

Alarms are only available to the signed in system owner. This is unacceptable. My children may not be signed in to the system to changed their dam alarm clock.

I just need to vent. 

This new app is so disappointing. Way too complicated and buggy. I can’t figure out how to do the simple things that I used to love about Sonos such as listening to different audio in multiple zones. Simply adjusting the audio in different zones has become complex. It just doesn’t work for me.  I’ll gladly take the old app back if you can help me do that. 

I’ve had Sonos for ages. This new app is slow, delayed in responding, and generally terrible. I’d like to have the old app back. Just to adjust the volume is a pain in the ass and it doesn’t turn off immediately when you press stop, there is a major delay. It really needs some work. 

Sonos can say whatever they want about their decision but thousands of comments should signal to them there’s an issue. Never have we disliked this company till now. And if they think this app is great then I hope a reduction in sales happens because of it. Trying too hard to rebaseline something that didn’t need it and screw up controls in favor of pushing services. Garbage. 

Can confirm all the complaints. Loved Sonos for 5 years, have 8 speakers including arc, sub, many ones.

not usable anymore. Diagnostic files uploaded (*********, **********).

Moderator Note: Recorded and removed Diagnostics Numbers. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

My biggest mistake was to update to this new application, lost my library completely !!! Glitchy, I have already purchased 9 speakers, just allow me to use all the features we all had from the previous one. I used enjoy the simplicity, add any albums from my own library to the queue, I have lost my own playlists, etc.

I feel Sonos want us to have a full dependency on music services as well on them, not a happy customer at the moment at all. 
please reset the application to what used to be but from I have been reading in all reviews Sonos is not thinking or give a damn about what we have to say. 

I really hope Sonos gets their act together!

Tried Factory reset!

Nothing brings back my speakers - Crap!

With the removal of so many functions to play local music and to use other music services, the new app feels like Sonos wanting to convert its Sonos system to only being speakers that stream Sonos Radio, where they can get ongoing ad revenue, rather than being an actual sound system.  Sad!  If that is the case then shouldn't they just give away the hardware instead of charging a premium.  I may as well go with some decent blue tooth speaker system since I can no longer use the system to play my own music.  No reason that they could not keep original functionality as well as adding new functionality unless they are just trying to force users into an ongoing revenue model.  I don't think Sonos understands its customer base at all.

Trying to get a big slice of the music streaming business is exactly what sonos is up to. They are abusing customers who were buying quality speakers, and pushing them into their own "sonos music". Please get back to your core business sonos, and stop taking your customers for a ride 

With the removal of so many functions to play local music and to use other music services, the new app feels like Sonos wanting to convert its Sonos system to only being speakers that stream Sonos Radio, where they can get ongoing ad revenue, rather than being an actual sound system.  Sad!  If that is the case then shouldn't they just give away the hardware instead of charging a premium.  I may as well go with some decent blue tooth speaker system since I can no longer use the system to play my own music.  No reason that they could not keep original functionality as well as adding new functionality unless they are just trying to force users into an ongoing revenue model.  I don't think Sonos understands its customer base at all.

Trying to get a big slice of the music streaming business is exactly what sonos is up to. They are abusing customers who were buying quality speakers, and pushing them into their own "sonos music". Please get back to your core business sonos, and stop taking your customers for a ride 

This may be a root cause for the commonly reported inability to add other music services.  Perhaps it is not a glitch but actually planned.  For many years we enjoyed Apple Music on our Sonos products but recently it became unusable.  Attempting to reauthorise the service fails every time.  This is unacceptable and a major regression. Fix this Sonos. 

This may be a root cause for the commonly reported inability to add other music services.  Perhaps it is not a glitch but actually planned.  For many years we enjoyed Apple Music on our Sonos products but recently it became unusable.  Attempting to reauthorise the service fails every time.  This is unacceptable and a major regression. Fix this Sonos.

It is probably an issue your end - maybe try a different iOS or Android controller to add the service. I’ve just tried it here and the Apple Music service adds without issue to my Sonos App. Screenshots attached taken a few moments ago.

It is probably an issue your end - maybe try a different iOS or Android controller to add the service. I’ve just tried it here and the Apple Music service adds without issue to my Sonos App. Screenshots attached taken a few moments ago.

We are an all Apple home but I will try on another iPhone.  I’m not the only one reporting this issue.  In fact my son, who has his own Play:1 in his bedroom on his own account, is also having the same problem with his setup.  

We are an all Apple home but I will try on another iPhone.  I’m not the only one reporting this issue.  In fact my son, who has his own Play:1 in his bedroom on his own account, is also having the same problem with his setup.  

I can only add that adding the Apple service worked straight away for me and I grabbed the screenshots along the way just to show that was the case. Had it have failed I would have posted that fact too to support you, but I can assure you it worked first time. Maybe try a network reboot or a different iOS device etc. you could perhaps even try logging out/in via ‘Media & Purchases’ in your account settings on your iOS device.

I can only add that adding the Apple service worked straight away for me and I grabbed the screenshots along the way just to show that was the case. Had it have failed I would have posted that fact too to support you, but I can assure you it worked first time. Maybe try a network reboot or a different iOS device etc. you could perhaps even try logging out/in via ‘Media & Purchases’ in your account settings on your iOS device.

I wasn’t doubting you, it has just been very frustrating having tried multiple times from my iPhone.  The good news is I tried on my wife’s iPhone.  It worked.  She isn’t as obsessed as me with keeping her iOS version and apps constantly updated so it could be she is on a less recent version of one or both of iOS and the Sonos app.  Only issue is the Sonos system is now logged into her Apple Music account not mine but I can live with that.

Now I need to figure out how to attach her Sonos app to my son’s Sonos account and speaker to try and get his working...  

I wasn’t doubting you, it has just been very frustrating having tried multiple times from my iPhone.  The good news is I tried on my wife’s iPhone.  It worked.  She isn’t as obsessed as me with keeping her iOS version and apps constantly updated so it could be she is on a less recent version of one or both of iOS and the Sonos app.  Only issue is the Sonos system is now logged into her Apple Music account not mine but I can live with that.

Now I need to figure out how to attach her Sonos app to my son’s Sonos account and speaker to try and get his working...  

Glad you were able to partly sort things - often signing out/in via ‘Media & Purchases’ in your account settings on your iOS device can sort these type of isdues, but perhaps try a reboot of the iDevice too. My iDevice is running iOS 17.5.1 if that makes any difference. I know that Sonos rarely support Apple beta OS’s (if that maybe relevant here too?).

This new app is a hot mess. Minimum viable product (MVP) for any app to play music through Sonos speakers would include, i reakon, the abiltiy to play music though Sonos speakers.

Instead we get this muck. It lags on song selection, lags on volume changes, lags on showing the song that’s playing, hops around speakers, drops speakers. When i say ‘lag’ i don’t mean a slightly noticable blip.. i mean up to 45 seconds of no repsonse from the speaker to actions attempted in the app. It frequently loses control of a speaker altogether, leaving it playing a random song at a random volume, and the app helpfully tells you ‘something went wrong’. I’ve had to just plug speakers out to make them stop. 

Most definetly not in the MVP (not unless the primary goal is to drive your suffering customers totally demented), is the pop-up attempting to upsell Sonos Headphones to someone who can’t play a track on the thousands of euros of kit they already have. It wouldn’t need Mystic Meg to predict that the number of Sonos Headphones I will every buy is zero, or indeed any other Sonos products until this car crash of an app is consigned to the same landfill as Coca Cola dumped ‘New Coke’ in.

App Version 80.03.07

Latest weird behaviour. 

My products keep muting themselves when I'm not using them. Green light shows up. Had too Google why. 

I've not changed the volume of course. 

So unhappy with the new app. I just installed a speaker in a friend’s house to get him to change to Sonos. 2.5 hours on Sonos helpline phone. Finally installed and not easy for him or even me to add stations and I have had Sonos for a number of years . You have gone from being the greatest system to the most frustrating and I’m embarrassed that I tried to get a person to change over to you!! Why would you change what wasn’t broke to something so frustrating!!!

Latest weird behaviour. 

My products keep muting themselves when I'm not using them. Green light shows up. Had too Google why. 

It’s a known bug, not just you, fortunately I guess since it will probably be fixed sooner or later.

My wife and I are long time fans of the Sonos "system", but this new app is junk! I think this is the first time we have ever EVER questioned our decision! I hope Sonos is selling a crap ton of those new headphones since that seemed to be the first public excuse for pushing this monstrosity on us users.  As a software developer, I have no idea how this passed out of alpha or beta testing. I know in my last two jobs if we have released software this bad we would have been shown the door. 

Alarms still aren't working as they should (I have an alarm set for each day of the week, different service or station and times-- constantly still failure mode defaulting to Sonos Chime).

No matter how much I rebooted the phone, cleared cache clear data reattached and even rebooted my entire system, there's still no sleep mode.

Not exaggerating, like 1 out of 40-50 S2 app loads leads to 5, 8, 20, 45, 120 seconds or more (I'm at 25 MINUTES and counting tonight after waiting, force closing, clearing cache, clearing data, restarting phone... Still...) waiting for the services, playlist, recently played, favorites "home" page to load.. WTH???

Skipping songs, dropping players (speakers), failing to recognize selected service/song, control lag, volume jumping/volume control chaos, no widget, ... Disappointed, frustrated, and quite dismayed with Sonos management that allowed this monstrosity to escape into the wild. 

PLEASE FIX THIS MESS!!!

New app in eu update 25/06/2024

Broken the whole app now on iPhone -ipads- android phone- left me having to work round on play.sonos on the Web app that can only be accessed solely from the ipad Web until sonos sorts out the app AGAIN 

Latest weird behaviour. 

It’s a known bug, not just you, fortunately I guess since it will probably be fixed sooner or later.

It's happened to me since last week's update with the mute button on Android. Before that I hadn't personally experienced it. 

It doesn't really inspire confidence that they are on top of things and on the path back to where they need to be. 

My wife and I are long time fans of the Sonos "system", but this new app is junk! I think this is the first time we have ever EVER questioned our decision! I hope Sonos is selling a crap ton of those new headphones since that seemed to be the first public excuse for pushing this monstrosity on us users.  As a software developer, I have no idea how this passed out of alpha or beta testing. I know in my last two jobs if we have released software this bad we would have been shown the door. 

Alarms still aren't working as they should (I have an alarm set for each day of the week, different service or station and times-- constantly still failure mode defaulting to Sonos Chime).

No matter how much I rebooted the phone, cleared cache clear data reattached and even rebooted my entire system, there's still no sleep mode.

Not exaggerating, like 1 out of 40-50 S2 app loads leads to 5, 8, 20, 45, 120 seconds or more (I'm at 25 MINUTES and counting tonight after waiting, force closing, clearing cache, clearing data, restarting phone... Still...) waiting for the services, playlist, recently played, favorites "home" page to load.. WTH???

Skipping songs, dropping players (speakers), failing to recognize selected service/song, control lag, volume jumping/volume control chaos, no widget, ... Disappointed, frustrated, and quite dismayed with Sonos management that allowed this monstrosity to escape into the wild. 

PLEASE FIX THIS MESS!!!

I don't think that this is an issue with the developers per se. It's the company's leadership who decided to rewrite the thing, then release something which had a subset of the features previously available. 

They are the ones who got it so badly wrong.