Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

Bonjour à tous, et maintenant l'appli prends beaucoup de temps pour démarrer et ne trouve pas tout de suite le réseau ou ne trouve pas mes appareils… au secours ! Revenez à l'ancienne version svp le temps de régler ces problèmes mais êtes vous capable de reconnaître vos erreurs ???

New app is rubbish. 

absolutely agree, I have speakers in most rooms and have started listening to a portable cheap speaker…not Sonos….by bluetooth from phone because the app was apparently coded by an idiot.

Ich muss mich anschliessen, die neue App ist absoluter Müll, ein update war keinster Weise notwendig. Ich frage mich , wie man so einen Schrott auf den Markt werfen kann. Schlimmer aber noch, dass man seit Wochen nicht darauf reagiert!!!! Lesen die SONOS-Vertreter nicht mit???? Pennen die alle????

..und das Beste, was da nun veröffenicht wird, hab ich so gar nicht geschrieben!!!! Nicht mal das klappt!!!!

Moderator edit: combined posts

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

I have to agree, the new app is absolute rubbish, an update was not necessary at all. I wonder how someone can put such rubbish on the market. What's even worse is that they haven't reacted to it for weeks!!!! Are the SONOS representatives not reading this???? Are they all asleep????

..and I didn't even write the best thing that is being published!!!! Not even that works!!!!

It’s utter rubbish revert to original app until you’ve sorted it

The new Sonos app update is so confusing to use. It keeps jumping to music when I just want the TV sound.  It impossible to go back to TV if you accidentally hit the music…

Yes, the application is not functional at all. Search by composer, song etc. is an absolute must-have, especially when you have an own library with 10‘000s entries… For me it is unfortunately difficult to move to another system, since I have a lot of SONOS equipment, but the company is punishing the loyal/„large“ clients :-(

Hi,

Like many on this board (and Reddit), I’ve been patiently waiting for fixes to the new Sonos app. And it’s great to see that fixes to missing functionality have been coming, but the biggest impact to my usage of the app is the performance and stability.

None of the updates seem to have addressed this fundamental issue with the new app. Given that there seems to limited (if any) progress on fixing stability and performance issues, can you please make the previous 16.x version of the app available for iOS users? I’m not expecting any feature additions to the old app or any maintenance updates to the 16.x version. I just want a system that works consistently and in a performant manner (which is what I had prior to the 80.x) update.

Android users have shown that the 16.x client still operates well, so can the same be made available for iOS users please?

I just want to play music like we all could before in a very simple user friendly interface. 

it really gets under my skin when I open the app see an add to buy Sonos headphones, that I won’t even be able to control with the app! How did you go from perfect to trash? 

I just want to play music like we all could before in a very simple user friendly interface. 

You could consider to try this and/or this. Works like a charm, no bugs, won't let you down. (I'm not the owner of these products, I just support them).

Hi,

Like many on this board (and Reddit), I’ve been patiently waiting for fixes to the new Sonos app. And it’s great to see that fixes to missing functionality have been coming, but the biggest impact to my usage of the app is the performance and stability.

None of the updates seem to have addressed this fundamental issue with the new app. Given that there seems to limited (if any) progress on fixing stability and performance issues, can you please make the previous 16.x version of the app available for iOS users? I’m not expecting any feature additions to the old app or any maintenance updates to the 16.x version. I just want a system that works consistently and in a performant manner (which is what I had prior to the 80.x) update.

They have already made changes in the firmware, so that there are features you control with the old app. Alarms may be one of them.

Yes, there are performance and stability issues. But how many are in the app only, and how many are inherit in the system itself?

For me, the new app is rather more responsive on my phone than the old app is. But I need to restart it every once in a while.

Anyway, I am on my way out. I paid for a number of Bluesound speakers today, expect to get them before the next week is over. And this is not based on the new app alone. I had plan to replace two old Play:3 with two Era300, but when the new app came out, it got me thinking how the system has been working over the years, and I decided to make a test with Bluesound, and and it was positive. (For more details go back to page 60 or so for a longer post of mine.)

A quick test cannot tell about long-term stability. Maybe I will regret it all one day. But, even then, given how Sonos treats their customer, they don’t really deserve to have any.

Please come back and let us know about your experiences with Bluesound after some time. I’m sticking with Sonos for now but am interested in other options that (former) Sonos owners have moved in to 

I understand you have to keep evolving to stay fresh and new and get new customers. NOTED… but my business is losing lots of money having to constantly having to go back to my clients home , hoping there was a fix to not being able to install their new product. We have checked wifi, direct connecting and nothing seems to work. The app connection to new product needs to be fixed immediately or I cannot continue to recommend the product in its current state. This has been mentally draining for my installers, our clients and myself. It may be time to revert back to the old app while you continue your R and D on the new app. Give us the option to use the old app …. something , anything... 

How long is this absolute disaster of an app going to continue? 
As an installer of many systems yours included. You have really screwed the pooch on this one . Please call if you need help. 👍

This new controller sucks * this is the worst product ever put out we don't give a flying * about all this social media crap we want to access our music like in the beginning when Sonos started in 2002 to which I've been a customer ever since then those days might be over if they don't get this app straightened out I cannot even control my music I'm having difficulty accessing my music I've got hundreds of Sonos products out there in customer's homes and I'll take every single one out if they don't get back to the basics and keep it simple why do you think In-N-Out Burger is a 7 billion dollar company because they keep it simple and they give the people what they want and most of us old farts don't give a flying * about social media and all this extra * I don't need 1500 options on my Sonos page I want to control my music I want to build my Q I want to save my playlist and I want to access this music and at the moment I can't do any of that hopefully it's just an issue they're having with the software

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I absolutely hate the new app. It’s as if they decided to remove all the user friendly features on purpose. Please just ditch this version and return to the old version, which was easy and intuitive. Only one thing wrong with old version- you can’t shuffle songs at the level of an artist.

Is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!

Used to work great 

what the heck happened!

fix this please

Is ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!

Used to work great 

what the heck happened!

fix this please

Agreed - what an absolute travesty of an “Upgrade” - stay far far away from these products as it went from the best in the world ro something I would bin if it wasnt so darn expensiv.

Shame on Sonos and their abomination of an app!

Alarms gone - and the one I have is stille working but I cannot access it!

My streaming service doesn’t work and I am ready to ditch the entire hecking product……

Terrible

This new controller sucks * this is the worst product ever put out we don't give a flying * about all this social media crap we want to access our music like in the beginning when Sonos started in 2002 to which I've been a customer ever since then those days might be over if they don't get this app straightened out I cannot even control my music I'm having difficulty accessing my music I've got hundreds of Sonos products out there in customer's homes and I'll take every single one out if they don't get back to the basics and keep it simple why do you think In-N-Out Burger is a 7 billion dollar company because they keep it simple and they give the people what they want and most of us old farts don't give a flying * about social media and all this extra * I don't need 1500 options on my Sonos page I want to control my music I want to build my Q I want to save my playlist and I want to access this music and at the moment I can't do any of that hopefully it's just an issue they're having with the software

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

You were a customer 3 whole years before Sonos ever sold their first product?  Wow, you’d think anyone with that type of insider access wouldn’t need to post to a user’s group to get their voice heard.

This new app is horrible. Sonos used to be great. Totally reliable. 
Now you tried to fix what wasn’t broken and ended up pushing out a piece of garbage. 
App is slow and clunky. UI looks clean but is totally unintuitive. You’ve chosen aesthetics over functionality. 
Worst of all, playback is unpredictable. Sometimes takes forever to connect. Songs play part ways  then skips to the next. 
Whole damned system is unusable. 
Now I’ve got a few pieces of over-engineered paper weights. 
Who da hell approved this piece of junk and how did it get past testing??

Today Im thinking about to throw Sonos out of my life… Once a time so good, now it’s crap!!!!!! The app… sucks!!! Slow… and just crap! 

Should just work, and still it’s just NOT working!!

One thing I really do not understand… Why SONOS is not publishing the good old app as well (maybe under another name - V1 or so). Clearly they want to push the new (currently crap) app, but they should allow the clients to choose an alternative for the time being. We can decide to use the old app without the support for the new products (if we do not have them) or switch to the new app. When/if the new app gets better we will automatically use it! Now SONOS is patronizing us, telling us what we should do, making us angry. This is not professional, short-sighted and massively harming the company image. Let the product quality speak for itself, not the ideas of obviously bad designers at SONOS. Such a pity, the HW is really ok for me, but the latest app software is truly terrible. At the end the CEO will have to step back, I assume… unless he is brave enough to urgently stop the agony with the new, suboptimal, untested app.

We can decide to use the old app without the support for the new products (if we do not have them) or switch to the new app.

And apparently the headphones are just bluetooth headphones, and it that case you would really need an app all!

I have been very patient with the new app (having been through the original app and beta of the S2 version, I know the Sonos guys tend to get things smoothed out eventually). However, I have to say that this version is not really up to the standard expected. 

1. Basically every time that I open the app (Android), it initially says no system found, then after a few seconds it sorts itself out and finds my system.
  1. A lot of the time after it has found my system, the icons for radio stations, recently used, and even services are “greyed” out and unavailable. This causes me to have to close the app completely and re-start it. 
  2. Another really annoying problem for me on the app, is that URL streams that I have set up to play radio stations directly (ones that I cannot find on either Sonos Radio, MyTuner or TuneIn) from within the TuneIn service and placed on my favourites list do not appear in my favourites list (I can see them and use them from the Sonos Desktop (PC) app).
    I am sure these worked in the previous version and am actually fairly sure that they worked in an earlier release of the “new” app.

I admit that none of these are show stoppers, but they are very annoying and a massive step backwards from Sonos.

I hope that the app will continue to be smoothed out as it feels like this was released too quickly.

Andy