Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

....When are those losers at Sonos gonna step up and fix this F Ing disaster app....they just say nothing...but oh....we got a f****** headphone ability which I am sure will work s***** too!!!

Nobody here cares for the f ing headphones.....you sell speakers!!!!! Which dont work properly for Gods sake!!!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

....When are those losers at Sonos gonna step up and fix this F Ing disaster app....

Every week with their ongoing updates. 

....they just say nothing...

Apart from the threads they post where they give details of the forthcoming updates, you mean?

Just for a bit of balance…! The new app now has queue editing and sleep timer. Not sure about alarms and still can’t add or edit playlists, but it is getting there - thanks for listening Sonos bods…!

Just for a bit of balance…! The new app now has queue editing and sleep timer. Not sure about alarms and still can’t add or edit playlists, but it is getting there - thanks for listening Sonos bods…!

Presumably you’re thanking the tireless coders rather than the senior decision-makers?

I think we can all agree that someone of some people higher up made some pretty poor decisions! At least they are acknowledging and responding though. I reaaaalllly want my playlists back though! 

New app is unusable! As a long time Sonos user and advocate, I now find myself considering moving to another product as this new app is unusable. How on earth did this get released without adequate testing ! Very disappointed but I am still hoping for a fix to become available. Any chance Sonos?

New app is unusable! As a long time Sonos user and advocate, I now find myself considering moving to another product as this new app is unusable. How on earth did this get released without adequate testing ! Very disappointed but I am still hoping for a fix to become available. Any chance Sonos?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

New version is available today. 

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Unfortunately still no mention about when the custom radiostations functionality will be brought back, including the existing list of stations users had created for themselves in the Tunein service. Not in this release or in the official statement that lists coming improvements (https://support.sonos.com/nl-nl/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates)

I know that the new Tunein service includes a list of favourites, but that comes from your Tunein account and is a different source than the list in the old Tunein service. Also it lists only a subset of the favourites stored at your Tunein account, so it's not usable if you have more than 20-30 favourites.

The custom stations in the old Tunein service weren't stored at Tunein, but at Sonos.

Previously it was stated by customer support that those existing custom radiostations would become visible with an app update, but the deafening silence on that subject tells me that this functionality will not make it to the finished app anymore.

What do you mean with "the new app now has queue editing"? Which Sonos app are you using?

I see this:

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June

And this is what irritates me the most. The fact that the new app did not have full accessibility (when the old one had) should be a complete showstopper.

And, no, I’m not speaking in my own interest. But I care about decency.

Dear Sonos,

Contrary to many posts I’ve read and comments I heard from friends, I don't dislike the new app and I (mostly) felt confortable rapidly with it.

Meanwhile, and I don't know if it's only me but, the insane delay when changing the volume (and I'm not even talking about the sound level cursor jumping that follows) is simply beyond belief. This simple feature was working perfectly fine in the previous release.

As a senior software engineer, I can't find any reasonable explanation that would make me understand why this hasn't been detected during QA and why, weeks after release, it has not been fixed yet.

Considering the Sonos reputation in quality products, it's just impossible not to notice the terribly damaging effects of this botched application release - the forums being a fantastic snapshot of the consumers mood.

I really hope you will get your act together soon.

Unfortunately still no mention about when the custom radiostations functionality will be brought back, including the existing list of stations users had created for themselves in the Tunein service. Not in this release or in the official statement that lists coming improvements (https://support.sonos.com/nl-nl/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates)

I know that the new Tunein service includes a list of favourites, but that comes from your Tunein account and is a different source than the list in the old Tunein service. Also it lists only a subset of the favourites stored at your Tunein account, so it's not usable if you have more than 20-30 favourites.

The custom stations in the old Tunein service weren't stored at Tunein, but at Sonos.

Previously it was stated by customer support that those existing custom radiostations would become visible with an app update, but the deafening silence on that subject tells me that this functionality will not make it to the finished app anymore.

Hello @Parsnip62 

Thank you for your contribution. I’m trying to raise the hand about this topic since the ‘old’ TuneIn has been axed. Sonos DOES NOT CARE AT ALL about this concern. I came to Sonos because of this exact feature which let you LISTEN TO WHAT YOU WANT instead to be enforced to choose between useless services in my opinion.

I fear that they are just throwing the feature under the bus which is a no go for me. I’m looking for alternatives although I spent quite a few bucks in my Sonos system. I’ll change to another supplier for sure when it’s time to renew if this feature is not put back in the application.

Beside the app crashing and dropping music every few minutes. It’s hard to navigate thru my different music services. The lag time is awful and I wish I would have never opted for installing this new poorly updated app.

New Sonos app is poor and gone downhill. Ive a 6 speaker system with Roam and unless i want to play my Apple playlists the system has got more difficult than ever. I’ve always listened through Sonos to radio stations through the likes of Tunin and Radioplayer but these either take an age to load or don’t load at all. Fed up trying to sort I’m off to Bose! If you’re thinking of investing in a Sonos be careful, the hardware maybe good but the software is poor (im being polite)!

I think this thread demonstrates how one of Sonos' great strengths became it's biggest weakness. 

The shear number use cases mentioned here is quite incredible. It was previously a very versatile, if slightly flawed and a little unstable app previously. 

By rebuilding it from the ground up, they stood no chance in getting every scenario built, tested and release ready in a short time. Which begs the question, why now? Why not when S2 went live?

They seem to have decided which features are worthy of MVP status and which are not, with a mature product for whom every feature should be in the MVP for someone. 

Crazy really. 

some user feedback.

From the home screen, playing a favorite “something” requires me to:

1. select the room because my preferred and most used room is never selected by default
  2. press the favorite which opens the about page (note: long press opens a totally useless page that only offers to remove from favorites)
  3. press play
  4. Close the about page 
  5. backtrack to the home page.

how it SHOULD work is:

1. Long press the favorite which opens context menu
  2. context menu offers “Play now” with list of rooms and volume

my 2 cents. Honestly, the app is a chore to use. 

Adding my 2 cents that the UI on the new app is terrible. Totally non-intuitive and WAY too many taps to simply start music. My favorites used to be 2 taps away. Now it’s at least 10 if I can even figure it out. 

Sonos had been great, but no idea how this monstrosity was released.

And once again my new android app is a total failure...why do i say android...because the app works just fine on an apple phone in the house, and, functions well on my 12 year old windows computer.

So that should clear up any misconceptions about wifi..or internet reliability!

Sonos states.."we are continually striving to give the customer the best experience".…

IT DOESNT!

EVEN IF ALL THE BUGS GET WORKED OUT.…

THE APP LAYOUT IS COUNTER EFFICIENT, NON USER FRIENDLY, ALMOST DUMB DOWNED. PLEASE REVERT TO THE OLDER VERSION..EVERYTHING HAD GOT TO THE POINT THAT IT WAS MEMORY INGRAINED. will someone there standup and say the obvious...i know the complaint dept must be at odds with the app development dept. 

Please mr Patrick Spence. Talk it over with your staff!

Consider it...I love sonos...but the new app is scary!

Music library is unusable.  No search, no tile view, no fast scroll to a letter.  If you have more than a few albums you can never get to them.

No local playlist.  Can only add or replace current playing track.

No fixed level outputs.

Cant get rid of Sonos radio.

The main screen has recently played and Sonos favourites which you can’t remove.  Who needs these?

The UX and UI are nowhere near as good as S1.  Less intuitive.

No tablet view, it’s just the same as phone.

Ads for new products.   Don’t think I will be buying any more thank you.

Tons of bugs: connecting new devices fails more times than it works.   Pairing speakers takes days sometimes!  Library goes missing, room names disappear, the system itself sometimes doesn’t appear, volume does random things, rooms disconnect for no reason, rooms disappear.  And so on.

Yes im annoyed.  Spent thousands upgrading only to find a much worse product.  I used to like Sonos but sorry its weak, feature poor and has bugs all over the place.

Sonos is certainly aware of the poor job they did! It might not be all in place until end July/early August going by their published timelines, but it will all be working fine again in the end. They cannot afford for it not to be.

The main screen has recently played and Sonos favourites which you can’t remove.  Who needs these?

Hey, I actually use the Sonos favourites! Basically, I use it to bookmark new albums that I’m checking out through Spotify.

Recently played that’s a feature I have zero use for. But I can see the point if you get a random playlist from Spotify or whereever, and you find yourself humming a song and want to know what it was.

I have had Sonos products for 10 years and even though the App has never been stellar, I’m on the verge of selling my 3 speakers and moving on to anything with WiFi and call it good.

The app just stops playing musics randomly every single week, and its reaction time with any command, including volume, changing songs, etc is absurd.

absolutely ridiculous 

What a monumental failure. App constantly hangs and is delayed specifically when adjusting volume. Layout and intuitive use is just mindless. Using a line in is almost impossible to find. Please stop this insanity and  bring back a more intuitive layout and some reasonable level of app performance.

How to loose customers, let’s update a perfectly performing app to one that doesn’t work. The future is in the past. Get the old one back….