Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

I note that you take the album from the Sonos favourites. That seems to work on my end too. What does not seem to work is to add an item directly from the music library. That only results in “Something went wrong”.

I’m slightly confused here, because you shouldn’t see the ‘Play Next’ or ‘Add to End of Queue’ options to add an Album from your local library to the current queue - as that’s not yet been implemented in the new App, or are you referring to something different than what you previously mentioned in your earlier post?

Those work fine for me to add an album from my local library to the existing queue.

I am so embarrassed

And disappointed.  The reason I went with sonos was I had all my music on a nas box and now there is no connetion. The app itself is unstable, keeps telling me my source is unavailable and keeps refreshing.  This is a shocking beta source that needs upgradinging

I am so embarrassed

And disappointed.  The reason I went with sonos was I had all my music on a nas box and now there is no connetion. The app itself is unstable, keeps telling me my source is unavailable and keeps refreshing.  This is a shocking beta source that needs upgradinging

But there are many of us who have our library on a NAS and it still working for us.

One thing to check out is the SMB setting for the NAS. They have dropped support for SMB1 and that could be your issue.

I note that you take the album from the Sonos favourites. That seems to work on my end too. What does not seem to work is to add an item directly from the music library. That only results in “Something went wrong”.

I’m slightly confused here, because you shouldn’t see the ‘Play Next’ or ‘Add to End of Queue’ options to add an Album from your local library to the current queue - as that’s not yet been implemented in the new App, or are you referring to something different than what you previously mentioned in your earlier post?

Those work fine for me to add an album from my local library to the existing queue.

Ah yes, it’s my mistake. ‘Yes’ it’s indeed working for me too. I can add an album or play to the room queue from my local NAS library. I didn’t think that had been added yet, but I just looked and it’s there (and working).👍

I agree this is the worst app upgrade I have ever seen.  I am in tech/product/UX and I cannot believe this was released.  It is so slow, the search feature is awful.  I find myself not using the sonos app AT ALL, and rather using the apple music app and broadcasting to the speakers.  I see absolutely no benefits to use the app over another streaming service.  For example, I searched Taylor Swift.  I want to see all of the albums so I can pick one to play.  It pulls up a never ending list of individual songs, not even organized- they are in some random order, that I would never be able to find anything.  It makes zero sense.  If I click on a song, I can’t even drill into the album that it is on.  This is just one example.  Between the searchability, the lag time, and many other factors, I don’t think Sonos app will be on the market much longer.  Why would anyone use it? 

I agree this is the worst app upgrade I have ever seen.  I am in tech/product/UX and I cannot believe this was released.  It is so slow, the search feature is awful.  I find myself not using the sonos app AT ALL, and rather using the apple music app and broadcasting to the speakers.  I see absolutely no benefits to use the app over another streaming service.  For example, I searched Taylor Swift.  I want to see all of the albums so I can pick one to play.  It pulls up a never ending list of individual songs, not even organized- they are in some random order, that I would never be able to find anything.  It makes zero sense.  If I click on a song, I can’t even drill into the album that it is on.  This is just one example.  Between the searchability, the lag time, and many other factors, I don’t think Sonos app will be on the market much longer.  Why would anyone use it? 

I don’t find the Sonos App too bad. I have 18 music services installed here and it searches them all quite quickly, all things considered. 

I can soon find an Artist/Album and then a particular track that I want to listen to. Here’s an example from my iPhone XR which is a pretty old controller device, so maybe not as quick as a new phone, but it’s not that bad to search and find things…

whens this getting sorted all this money foy sonos and it wont connect the app is terrible no communication from sonos does anyone no a fix??

The new sonos app is not what you would call intuitive. It reacts very slowly and it seems to cut off wifi all the time . I wish I could go back to the old app. 

Some feedback on using the app whilst internet is down (disconnected at modem). This has probably already been reported by someone (or multiple people), but want to add my experience in case not...

When internet coming into the house is disconnected some aspects of the new mobile app still work (which is what I expect). I can still use playback controls (play, stop, volume etc) and pick different tracks from the queue (where the queue is formed from local library music). However, the extent to which I can browse my library seems to depend on the state of the app when the internet goes down. If the internet goes down whilst I am using the app I can continue to browse the library through the Music Library link on the home page. However if I force quit and relaunch the app whilst the internet is down the music library link on the home page becomes non-functional. Tapping it produces a "something went wrong" message. Hope this is just a bug that will get resolved. My internet doesn’t go down very often but when it does I would like to be able to use my local music library.

I have just returned from holiday to discover that Sonos has completely broken my system. My iPhone with latest app cannot communicate properly with my extensive, and expensive Sonos system. Mt music server, a spare Apple laptop can’t communicate properly and the iPad in the kitchen can’t see any of the previously reliable services - what have you done Sonos?

You have made some monumentail cock ups over the years but this is the worst yet by far, what are you doing to fix it?

I shouldn’t have to waste my time sorting out problems you have directly caused, I just want to listen to the music services previously configured, and my private music library without problem. I am Apple tech support and the last thing I want to do at home is sort out your mess.

what are your plans to correct this mess?

I have an incredibly difficult time getting it to switch from Apple Music to live tv and has no problem before the update.

If this continues we’re returning the system to Costco.  Whoever created this app should be fired.  By far the worst app experience I’ve ever had.

sonos is expnsive they should be rushing to put this right  got equipment just sat there doing bugger all needs sorting soon as anyone heared anything from sono actual people as anyone been it touch with someone at sono ??

You mean apart from the threads on here from Sonos folks, explaining what has been fixed and giving the timeframe for the next lot of fixes?

And apart from all of the people on here who have been on the phone for endless hours to support, and others who have said they have written to Sonos?

Apart from those, no...

its was just a question for a quick answer i’ve spent enough time trying to get the stuff working which aint really my problem ive spent the money got decent broadband should nt really be our problem just want to ask alexa to play music like she use to before the new stupid app arrived now i carnt even install my products!

its was just a question for a quick answer i’ve spent enough time trying to get the stuff working which aint really my problem ive spent the money got decent broadband should nt really be our problem just want to ask alexa to play music like she use to before the new stupid app arrived now i carnt even install my products!

Right at the top of their main support page:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

I have sooooo much problem with my system and the app. It promts me to update the app and it just looping. Do you have the same problem? I reinstalled the app but nothonh works.

Please Sonos, do something. I tried to call tech-support and they are closed!!!!!!

I've posted elsewhere about my Alarms-specific issues, which are unacceptably numerous and troublesome. In addition, there's a lot of general instability, including:

• Manage functions in the Settings - Manage screen sometimes disappear, and later just as suddenly reappear. Currently I have 8 Manage functions. This morning, there were 6 (Alarms among others had disappeared). A while back, there were significantly more than 8.
  • Entire Sonos system sometimes not found when starting the app.
    • This sometimes results in an empty home screen.
    • Sometimes in an error message.
    • And sometimes in the prompt to connect to a system.
  • Numerous screens are slow to build, resulting in temporarily empty screens. This occurs on the home screen, but also for instance in Alarms management, where it looks like there are no alarms for several seconds before they suddenly load.

All in all, the new app seems far from robust.

Sonos is a mother * joke now. What tech * took a fully functional app and wrecked it?

Now that EVERYONE hates it, get off your pompous asses and fix it.

Unvelievable how stupid you have morphed into. Fire the tech guys.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Feedback is new app is sluggish lost music library from NAS, and unstable.

sonos urgently need to offer users a rollback to iOS app 16.1 which worked, or even the S1 app (rollback to this is “temporarily” disabled).

The old apps may not have been the slickest but they worked. Only roadmap I want to see is one which offers access to these while new app is developed and stabilised

Stupid update, I ever seen in sonos.

I’m curious about who approves this update. 
sonos lost all user friendly advantages comparing the competitors. 
nobody pay more for the sonos anymore.

we lost all the good things simplicity user friendly and features.

this is not multi zone control interface anymore. 
this is a stupit portal  interface that we hate. 
This time sonos dive in the deep shit..

Using S1 old control interface much better.

Downgrade and use s1 controller 

But also downgrade option is removed from the new app

What a piece of crap. Fire the * who pu this out. Nothing works

Why why why do you mess with a perfect app and completely * it up so you cannot find what you are looking for or add songs to you’re own list.  I have almost Three Grand (£) of speakers and it is now now utterly *.  Please please please consult your customers prior to make a mess of the app 

The new app is very bad. It does not run stable, takes a very long time to be ready for operation and often loses the streaming service. Deezer is not logged in to the mobile phone every time it starts. Also visually no improvement. All in all, big crap!

does anyone know when its ment to be fixed or do we sit and wait??

The new app is very bad. It does not run stable, takes a very long time to be ready for operation and often loses the streaming service. Deezer is not logged in to the mobile phone every time it starts. Also visually no improvement. All in all, big crap!

I use Deezer too and it's lost a whole lot of functionality that used to be there. So frustrating. 

I also used my local library on my home server last night for the first time since the last update. It's not possible to add tracks from the library to the queue. The only option is to replace the whole queue. 

And of course, search and album art are still missing in action. As is the scrollbar. So frustrating.