Question

My music library

Userlevel 1
Badge

I cannot get to my music library using the new Sonos app (on iPhone)

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

On my phone (Android, but the app is mostly identical) the Music Library shows up in a list labelled “Your Sources”, see the screenshot:

The display is flakey though and I sometimes find it has gone when I go back the the app and I need to force-quit the app - even then it sometimes takes two attempts.

The new app has very poor music library support - you can’t search, fast-scroll or queue tracks when you find them. I found a way to revert to the previous version of the app and if you have a music library too you would probably be smart to if you can (although Sonos are opposing doing so, unlike with the S1 → S2 migration where they gave us a choice).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello

Thank you for the response.

I am able to get to the Music Library but the various categories Artists, Albums, Composers, Generes and songs are just blank.

In previous versions of the app I have been able to reassign the library (which) is on a brennan b2 if there have been any issues and I have have been abl)e to (re) index the library, which is useful for a reset or when having added new music (typically albums)

Regards

Ian

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Mine is not so bad - I have listings in all the categories, but they are hard to use as I have thousands of albums and there’s no easy way to navigate. I have a Brennan B2 as well, and it is still working fine and able to stream to my Zones. Best plan is to find a way back I think, everything is still fine in the Sonos system itself!