Skip to main content

With an update today (now version 12.2 - build 61182310) the Mac desktop app has lost a lot of shortcuts that used to be present if you right clicked the Dock icon - like Mute/Play/Stop. They were really useful to not have to find the app itself when you needed a quick action.

Are they missing because of a bug or a deliberate choice to reduce functionality?

Hi @Richard Groves, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this. 

First, I’d like to ask you some questions to isolate the issue and to find the solution to the problem.

1. Can you tell me the software version of your Mac desktop?
  2. When you notice this on the Sonos app, did you reboot your computer?
  3. Can you try to uninstall the Sonos app and download the Sonos S2 app by clicking on this link https://www.sonos.com/redir/controller_software_mac2?

If you’re still experiencing the same, I would recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care to remotely access your Mac and see what’s happening. You can reach them on Monday since our phone support is close during weekends. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Hi Rowena,

In answer to your questions:

1. macOS 10.15.7 (19H15)
  2. Yes, I have rebooted it since installing
  3. Did the uninstall/re-install procedure - still seeing the same issue.

To be clear this is the problem

This is what I got on the old version of the app (and still get on another machine running that version, even on the new macOS 11.0.1

Whereas on the new version of the app I just get:

I experience the same problem on my machine (macOS 10.15.7 as well).

Hi folks, Thank you for your response and for providing details of your concern. I would like to recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support team to remotely access your device and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Our phone support can perform real-time troubleshooting using their tools to address the issue. If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

I am having this same issue with the Mac OS X update. I don’t think this is something that SONOS should need access to an individual’s machine to troubleshoot. It’s something that changed in the OS update.

Hi folks,

same issue on my system! MacOS 11.0.1, SONOS Version 12.2, SONOS OS S2, Build 61182310...

...same issue on friend’s Thinkpad with Windows 10 Pro!