Skip to main content

I’ve had my sonos gear for about a year and had virtually zero problems with the app. Until the last week or two when I’ve had constant issues. System not found, music services not found. A reboot of the phone usually fixes it. Phone is a Galaxy s21. 

A couple of things changed around that time:

1. I replaced my One rears with Fives and moved the Ones into a bedroom.
  2. I got a new wifi 6 router and mesh extender.

Today I tried wiring one of the Ones in the bedroom to the router but that doesn’t seem to have improved things.

Is this an issue with the latest update or something else? I really don’t want to remove and re-add things because I have a ton of difficulty getting a Trueplay tuning I like.

There are a couple of potential issues here. First being Sonos doesn’t particularly like extenders….but you may have obviated that by wiring one of your speakers (not a surround speaker or Sub) to the base router. But you’d still have a potential of duplicate IP addresses, possibly exacerbated by your replacement of your old router with a newer one.

Unplug all of your Sonos devices from power. While they are unplugged, reboot you router, and give it a couple of minutes to come back up. Then plug back in your Sonos devices.

As a side comment, any time you swap out a router, all connected devices should be rebooted, even if you keep the same network SSID and password. 

The One was wired to the extender, the extender was wired to the router. I’m guessing that was not ideal either?

I’ve unplugged evrything, rebooted the router and gone back to wifi for the Sonos. I don’t need them wired, my wifi extends everywhere. Fingers crossed the reboot will fix things.

Anything wired to the extender could be considered ‘bad’, anytime you wire a Sonos device, it should always be to the base router, and not an extender/puck. This ensures that all devices are on the same subnet, and can therefore be ‘seen’ by both each other and the controller.