Skip to main content

Anyone else finding the iOS app consistently needing to be killed and restarted just to stay connected?

While mine are a little slow, as in 2 or 3 seconds, they always connect. If yours isn’t, it’s a good indicator of wifi interference, either between your speakers and your router, the iOS device and your router, or even both. If the information in the FAQ doesn’t help, try a refresh of your network, by unplugging your Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. When the router comes back up, plug in your Sonos devices, wait a minute or two for them to boot up and connect to the system again, then test.

You are not alone - this first started happening with my iPhone 6s a few days ago, now it has affected my iPad mini 4.

Looked at app update history, Sonos was updated as an app 11th March.

iPhone was showing these symptoms anyay, then I updated the Sonos system to the latest version yesterday, now the iPad has the issue. Both iPhone and iPad are on latest Apple OS.

(wonder if it is to do with the Apple thing whereby if they don’t get a strong signal, the authentication goes pear shaped - i.e. you get ‘unknown password’. My devices are connecting fine generally, but just wondering given the Sonos error says it can’t find system).

Hopefully an app update will solve in the near future...

Hello everyone. @Hashigo, welcome to the Community. I understand that you are having some issues with your App loading. We added a few new features to the application to make loading easier. instead of the app being in the “searching for Sonos on your wifi”, it will load into the application as the screenshot you posted above, and within a few seconds your rooms will become available. 

If it is taking to far to load, please submit a diagnostic report of your systems, and reply back with your confirmation numbers. I can take a look at how your systems are performing on the network.

I have a similar problem to @Hashigo; I frequently get the cannot connect error message on my iPad Pro 9.7, which is our oldest iOS device.  The other 3 iOS devices rarely have this problem.  All devices are running the same version of iOS and Sonos and if I go thru an elaborate reboot process  on the iPad(or sometimes just wait a while), I can eventually get it to connect.  Would you like a system diagnostic from me as well?

My app was doing the same thing. Mine was weird though. I deleted the app. I then went to the App Store to redownload the app and the app name was Sonos controller and not just Sonos. Also it was showing that I have never downloaded it before. Usually when you have downloaded an app before it shows a cloud with a down arrow next to it in the App Store. The app showed get it. Weird. Once I downloaded the app it worked right away. Weird.