Answered

how to play music with "play 1" speakers in lobby

anyone have ideas on how i can stream music thru speakers in my lobby 24/7, without a phone or tablet?

Thank you,

Mark 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 4 March 2023, 07:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

A phone or tablet is required to set up the Play:1s using the Sonos app. After they are set up, add the music streaming service of your choice in the Sonos app and play the music through the speakers. Since you want music to play 24/7, I would choose a radio service that streams music 24/7 rather than a playlist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The stream could stop after a restart the system, so you’d need a phone or tablet sometimes….

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A Windows or Mac desktop controller could serve to restart things after an interruption.

If you use Linux I’m very happy with the noson controller, I run the flatpack version.

https://janbar.github.io/noson-app/

Badge +20

You could be clever and set an alarm to play the station say every 2 hours for 2 hours, then if the stream did stop it would at least start again. Some stations do timeout of their own accord.