Skip to main content
Hey everyone,

My iphone recently died. So I want to use my wife's iphone to connect with my Sonos Connect so we can play music from her phone. I tried everything and it's not working. Can you help?
What model of iphone does your wife have? I assume she has it on the same WiFi network as the Sonos Connect device and you have installed the Sonos App?
Daniel,

Assuming your wife’s iPhone is a recent model and on the same WiFi network AND you have not reset your Sonos Connect and haven’t used it recently. I would cable it to your router and open the Sonos App on your wife’s iPhone and choose to 'connect to existing Sonos Household'... then update the Connect, if necessary.

If you wish to operate the Connect over your routers WiFi, rather than having it cabled to the router, then goto The Sonos App 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' and ensure your WiFi credentials (case sensitive) are stored in the controller. Once that is done you can uncable it and move it back to where you want to locate it.

If you have already hard-reset the Connect then you will still need to cable it to your router, but this time choose 'create a new Sonos Household' using the Boost Mode setup process. Then update the Connect, if necessary.

If you decide you want to later use it uncabled on your routers WiFi then follow the same instructions above in your Sonos App Advanced Settings before you uncable it.

One further thing if you decide to leave the Connect cabled to your router, then I would recommend you completely remove/reset you WiFi credentials from the Sonos App 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' as they are not needed when running devices in Boost Mode.

One final thing to do is turn off 'WiFi Assist' on your wife’s iPhone ... I’m sure you can quickly google how to change that setting.