Question

How do I change the background colour on the Sonos for PC controller?

Userlevel 1
I'm really struggling to see a lot of the buttons on the PC controller window. It's almost impossible to read any of the grey-on-black. I have no idea where the volume is because I can only just see the slider but not the bar. It is difficult to see most of the other buttons too because they are grey on black. Where are the accessibility settings please? I have normal vision (tested recently, no problems with anything else) and I have tried looking at my screen from various angles and tried other screens/computers (other programs are fine) so it's Sonos. This website is bad too - I can hardly see the 'find a store' or the 'sign in' on the top bar. This makes me feel like I am disabled! How on earth do partially sighted people manage with Sonos if it's nearly impossible for me? Please help. How do I choose a better more visible setting?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello Miriam, Currently, there's no way to adjust the color scheme in the Sonos controller applications. However, we're always interested in improving accessibility, so if you'd like I can switch this over to an Idea thread that can act as a feature request that others can comment on and +1 as well. I'd also recommend double-checking any brightness or contrast settings on your monitor. If these settings are low, it can be harder to see the Sonos controller and other programs.
I also have this issue with the Sonos Controller on Mac OS X 10.6 - pale and medium blue on dark blue - hardly user friendly.  Shame.
I have the same problem with Sonos Controller for Mac. Very difficult to read, especially in a well lit room.
I have the same problem with the Sonos Controller for Mac. With brightness and contrast turned up as high as possible, it is still very difficult to read the text on the black background in a well-lit room.
I'm really struggling to see a lot of the buttons on the PC controller window. It's almost impossible to read any of the grey-on-black. I have no idea where the volume is because I can only just see the slider but not the bar. It is difficult to see most of the other buttons too because they are grey on black. Where are the accessibility settings please? I have normal vision (tested recently, no problems with anything else) and I have tried looking at my screen from various angles and tried other screens/computers (other programs are fine) so it's Sonos. This website is bad too - I can hardly see the 'find a store' or the 'sign in' on the top bar. This makes me feel like I am disabled! How on earth do partially sighted people manage with Sonos if it's nearly impossible for me? Please help. How do I choose a better more visible setting?
I have the same problem with the Sonos color scheme, almost impossible to see in some light conditions. Please change
Badge
i have the same issue its really hard to read the artist on the play list, it is really should be something you guys should change so we can see the artist or even just make the text bigger, even at my I Mac's full brightness it still had to see. its ok on the I phone app as it on a white back ground so maybe this would work change the background colour on the desktop version please do something it a small change that would make a big difference
Does anyone from Sonos read this forum, as this thread is now 3 years old, and nothing has been done, IT's ABOUT time !!!!!!
Does anyone from Sonos read this forum, as this thread is now 3 years old, and nothing has been done, IT's ABOUT time !!!!!!

The fact it is 3 years old and has a total of 9 posts may be a clue as to why nothing has been done.
My opinion is that Sonos stopped caring about its existing customer base a few years ago. They don't care about the simple tweaks that can make the user experience great for individuals.

There are lots of excellent ideas on this forum that are realatively simple items to implement but Sonos seem to want as little customisable functionality as possible.

The focus is on the money, but what they don't seem to appreciate is that loyal customers who love a product tend to buy more and upgrade. A disenfranchised customer base tends to shop elsewhere!
Or they are hard at work at developing voice control, which not only will drive sales and delight customers, it will make 75% of the controller functions redundant, and the other 25% so utilitarian you don't need a splashy color scheme.

Sonos has made some mistakes, the horrendous handling of the queue function being the number one recently. However, not listening to their customers is a hollow, not to mention highly inaccurate, accusation. There are dozens and dozens of features implemented which are the direct result of customer requests, and a request with less than 10 posts over 3 years not being fulfilled does not belie that fact. A simple search for Echo support which returns 3005 topics is all the proof one needs for Sonos listening to customer requests.
I stand by my opinion 'that they don't care about the simple tweaks that can make the user experience great for individuals.'

My personal opinion on voice control is that it is a fad and like with Siri, 90% of people won't use it after the initial honeymoon period. I like to browse and discover music and can't see how voice control will help. I can't see myself shouting volume up, down, play next etc. The second hand market for Echos and Dots will be massive in a couple of years.
We shall see. Till then, agree to disagree. As to Sonos not caring "about the simple tweaks that can make the user experience great for individuals", see this thread (and know that the features listing didn't stop there, they continued for years in another, now defunct, forum):

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/has-any-posting-here-ever-produced-anything--29154
I have the same problem, and agree with all that has been said. The original post is 3 years old. It's about time we could change the background colour - perhaps some of the profit should be used on development!🆒
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I stand by my opinion 'that they don't care about the simple tweaks that can make the user experience great for individuals.'

My personal opinion on voice control is that it is a fad and like with Siri, 90% of people won't use it after the initial honeymoon period. I like to browse and discover music and can't see how voice control will help. I can't see myself shouting volume up, down, play next etc. The second hand market for Echos and Dots will be massive in a couple of years.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Agree entirely. A point I've made in another thread on Alexis/Dot.