Feature request: Option to rename HDMI/Optical input to something other than 'TV'

• 10 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello,

I have a CD transport connected via the Sonos optical-to-HDM adapter to the HDMI input on my Sonos Amp. This works great (and allows me to control the Amp volume with the CD transport’s remote control) but it’s odd to see this input called ‘TV’ in the Sonos app. I understand this is the primary intended use case for the HDMI input but I can’t be the only person using the optical-to-HDMI connection to get a digital audio input into the Amp.

Please Sonos: Could we have an option to rename the HDMI input to a custom name in the app, like you can with the RCA input?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @0b5cur1ty

It sounds like a good idea to me, though the number of people who would find it useful is likely quite low.

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!