Feature Request: Controller Progress Bar

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been running my system for 10+ years now, and one little feature always bugged me in the Desktop controller. I am predominantly using the Desktop controller to run my Sonos system, via a mini PC connected to my TV.

The issue:

The progress bar for any music I play is occupying only a minimal part of the screen in the top middle. There are miles of space to the left and right of it, space that is completely unused. 

I have used music players on my PC that will use the full width of the window for the progress bar, and adjust the size of the progress bar relative to the window size (i.e. Mediamonkey, MusicBee and others), allowing for much more precise control when trying to skip through audio files. 

Now on my 65” TV, the bar is just ridiculously tiny and skipping to a specific part of an audio file, especially in an audio book for example, is very tedious - and, imho, unnecessarily so.

I have attached a screenshot, underlining in yellow the current progress bar. Clearly, making use of the full width of the screen would be so much more helpful. 

Thanks for reading

Muldino

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Muldoni 

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

I was just about to post something about this very thing! I listen to a lot of long-form stuff and the little scrubber bar should really resize with the rest of the window.  Trying to get to an exact moment in a 2 hour mix can be infuriating.

I prefer to use the desktop controller and I’m also saddened that SONOS does not love it any more. The current attitude seems to be that the desktop controller is in “maintenance mode” and will never be enhanced. Likely we are a small minority of SONOS users and most users prefer the phone/pad controllers. SONOS has data to support any claims that they make, we can only guess.

In my circle of SONOS users the techie types will use the desktop controller from time to time and the non tech types don’t even know that it exists and would never use it. Non tech types out number the tech types.