Question

Error Code 9

• 22 November 2016
  • 48 replies

Will someone please assist us with error code 9. Call demand is so great it take an eternity to get through

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

48 replies

Badge
I had same issue...was linked to IOS App beta program ...not straight forward to get off programme (despite unsubscribing) ..need support to do stuff.....I did it via PM ..sorted within 24 hrs.....hope you get it resolved ok....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Michellemark333, if you're able to put aside 10-15 minutes we can work via private message as lesworley said. I'll be available for the next couple hours if you'd like.
Thanks guys. Ryan I've jus tried to accept your DM message and it comes up with an error
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If you're logged in, you can go here: https://en.community.sonos.com/inbox/overview and see your private messages.
Ok cool. Will do
Ive got the same problem. Can someone assist?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ive got the same problem. Can someone assist?

Hi pluib,

I'm sending you a private message with some instructions.
Can you assist me also? I signed up for beta, updated software..then decided to leave beta, re-installed Sonos desktop app and now can't update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you assist me also? I signed up for beta, updated software..then decided to leave beta, re-installed Sonos desktop app and now can't update.

Hi kurzz,

I've sent you a direct message with some information.
Same problem here; what do I do?
Hey all, I have the same issue as well. Any instructions much appreciated! Thanks..
Hi, I have the same error 9 problem, I would also like to get instructions on how to fix this 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, I just reached out to the three of you in private message, hopefully you're around. This is an issue which needs some live troubleshooting on both sides, so we need to both be online at the same time. If you aren't going to be able to do that with us, feel free to give us a call on our support line and a technician will be able to help.
Hey Ryan S
I got the same issue and is online now ;o)
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Ryan S
I got the same issue and is online now ;o)

I just sent you a PM if you're still available.
I also have the same issue and cannot revert from the beta program
Same here. Can u pm me with solution too.
I have the same issue..Is there a fix?
Badge
Hi, I have the same error 9 code when trying to update after reverting back out of the beta program.
It appears that my Play 1's are running V7.0 and my controller is at V6.4 build 331532221.
The Sonos system finds the play 1's but says I need an update which always fails with error 9.

Thanks for any help...

associated ZP: 192.168.0.5
---------------------------------
PLAY:1: Bathroom
Serial Number: B8-E9-37-B8-9E-DA:3
Version: 7.0 (build 34735131)
Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.5
WM: 1
OTP:
---------------------------------
PLAY:1: Kitchen
Serial Number: B8-E9-37-BB-A7-12:2
Version: 7.0 (build 34735131)
Hardware Version: 1.8.3.7-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.8
WM: 1
OTP:
Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Everyone, please reply to my PM with your email address you have registered your Sonos system.

@Doogse, I have checked in our system and see you have been removed from the beta. If you're still experiencing problems uninstall the Sonos controller and reinstall.
Badge

Hi Everyone, please reply to my PM with your email address you have registered your Sonos system.

@Doogse, I have checked in our system and see you have been removed from the beta. If you're still experiencing problems uninstall the Sonos controller and reinstall.
I am shocked that the only way to resolve this is by DM or ringing the company I was sold on Sonos ease of use and this error is major bump in the road. Time to change brands (yes I have removed myself from the beta program) you have lost your simplicity
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I am shocked that the only way to resolve this is by DM or ringing the company I was sold on Sonos ease of use and this error is major bump in the road. Time to change brands (yes I have removed myself from the beta program) you have lost your simplicity

I think you are being extremely unfair.

Beta software programs are their for precisely this purpose. It is probable this issue wasn't discovered in private Beta.

It is quite clear from the last few Public Betas that people see the headline features and dive in - they don't check the limitations like iOS devices not being full compatible and they seem to expect the software to be perfect which if Sonos were presenting a such would be released for all.
Hey, I had to work yesterday, so couldn't respond to the PM sent. If still possible I'd like to resolve the error 9 🙂 I'll be online for a while.. Thanks in advance!
Same issue here, support ticket 161125-000905 but would love to get this sorted ASAP!