Question

Controller says it needs update, but won't

• 17 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I am adding a play 1 to my system and doing so under settings, add speaker, it then shows that controller needs to be update, select button for update controller, which brings me to the App Store for Sonos app (even though I am running the sonos app (ver 7) on my iPhone (10.1.1), I hit open and it appears to open my sonos app on my phone, then I try to go to settings and add speaker all over again and it goes thru the exact same process (a do loop), help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Is the Sonos controller v7, or is it v7.0.1 (a bug fix release) which is the latest?

Leave the new PLAY:1 to one side for a moment. Check that your controller and players are fully updated.

Now try adding the new PLAY:1.

If that still causes problems, power the new PLAY:1 off again. Remove the controller app. Install it again from the app store and when it starts 'Add it to an existing system'.

Then try adding the new PLAY:1 once more.

If that still doesn't work, is there a Sonos component wired to your network?
Excellent information, I removed the controller app., reinstalled, and all is good again!! Thank you ratty!!