Cant connect to Sonos via AirPlay on iPhone

• 5 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I can successfully connect to my Sonos system from my iPhone via Spotify but when I try to connect the phone’s current general audio output via AirPlay to Sonos, I get an AirPlay error “Unable to connect” with no other details. This has only started happening recently. I have tried all of the obvious things such as power cycling the speakers, modem, router and iPhone but this has not resolved the issue.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In order to provide assistance, there’s likely some information that might be helpful

Which Sonos speakers? Which operating system are the Sonos speakers running? Which iPhone, and operating system is running on the iphone? What type of network do you have, and which router? Is your iPhone connected to your wifi, and not just the cell phone signal?

From your statement “this started happening recently” can we assume it was working before, and now it isn’t?  

Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again. Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it on. Turn off Cellular Data. metaagency Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers).