Answered

Can’t select content or songs on Amazon music

• 7 November 2022
  • 31 replies

As the title says, I search for an artist, I get a list and click on one but it plays something else entirely!

What’s going on?

I have a paid up subscription yes.

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 7 November 2022, 00:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7

This is bizarre. Basically albums that you own on Amazon become some kind of strange “channel” consisting of some of your purchased content plus other stuff in random order.

If you happened to save tracks in a Sonos playlist, the playlist still appears to work, but there is no way to add new tracks after this change (as far as I can tell).

It isn’t clear that paying Amazon for some extra subscription is even going to fix this problem.

With an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription you can play any album as you wish. You can also edit (add/remove etc) Sonos Playlists

I'm having the issue that I go to play my purchased music on Amazon via Sonos and it plays completely different songs

For example I click on a Take That album The Circus and plays everything but that. It seems to play random songs but weirdly all the songs or Albums it's playing are called The Circus!  Some of the artists it is playing don't have songs or albums called The Circus.  It is doing it to every album. When I play Amazon via earphones the albums are fine

This suggests there is something wrong with the Sonos/Amazon link. Only happened in the last month or so. I've tried changing settings/ reinstalling but doesn't work..  so frustrating!

Amazon changed their service in the last month or so. The issue has nothing whatsoever to do with Sonos, they continue to play what they are handed by Amazon. 

I thought I was doing it wrong: I just got a little Sonos system set up this week and wanted to play my Amazon “Purchased” music though my Sonos system.  I couldn’t find a way to play albums in order (you know, the ones like Goodbye Yellow Brick Road or operas where the tracks connect right to one another, that sort of thing) or without other things getting mixed in.  So I went on to this board and found this appears to be being done on purpose by Amazon.  (I am a Prime member but not a Music member.)

Even when I go to the Amazon Music app on my iPhone, I now see a message that says Amazon is playing the album but shuffling in related content.  So I’m thinking one of two things: either (1) people are paying Amazon to get their content exposed to more people through this shuffling thing or (2) Amazon is deliberately doing something people don’t like in an effort to get them to be a Music member.

So it looks like either:

(1) “I know you ordered peas with your steak but we are going to mix in some carrots with your peas because the carrot growers would like you to know that carrots are awesome too.  If you would like just peas, that’ll be an extra dollar.  Oh, and your dessert will come between your salad and entrée unless you’d like to pay an extra dollar to have it come last.”
or

(2) “I know you ordered peas with your steak but we are going to mix in some carrots with your peas.  If you would like just peas, that’ll be an extra dollar.  Oh, and your dessert will come between your salad and entrée unless you’d like to pay an extra dollar to have it come last.”

I know that Amazon is not a charity but this just feels wrong.  I guess I would prefer them to say “We can no longer afford to do X at the current rates, so we are going to change the price.”  What appears to be shenanigans to trick me to change my behaviour makes me less likely to change than simple honesty.

$0.02

@rafeman,  

Shouldn’t you be posting this over on Amazon?  Posting it here is like writing to Samsung’s TV division when you don’t like the latest Netflix release.  

@jgatie 

You are absolutely correct and I will do so.  Sorry about that.